Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue! Empty Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue!

December 13th 2012, 10:31 pm
I just went to my local grocery store, and they only had two copies left on the magazine shelve's. So I carefully examined both copies for any damage that may have occurred during shipping, but they were both pretty much in prestine condition. I chose the copy that had the least amount of scuffing on the corners of the spine. Which is barely noticeable, but I have OCD, so... Anyways, I'm glad I own a copy of the newsstand edition, because it comes safely sealed in a cellophane wrapping. Even if I was a subscriber, I would still want to purchase a copy of the newsstand edition because of that. Although, I only purchased a copy to keep as a collectible. But yeah, I got my mint condition copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue! Have you purchased a copy of the final issue yet?!

Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue! Empty Re: Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue!

December 14th 2012, 12:06 am
Not yet but I only checked at one Rite Aid the other day and they really didnt have a magazine section. I might check a few more places but I also heard that you can order it online from Future Publishing.
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue! Empty Re: Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue!

December 14th 2012, 12:15 am
I have a paid subscription so yes, but it's sad that this is the final issue Sad

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

December 14th 2012, 12:51 am
Are you serious about being able to order the final issue online Tasuki? Because I'd really love to have another copy, so I can actually read it. There's no way in **** I'm opening this copy, otherwise, and I highly doubt that other copy that was at my local grocery store will be there for very long.

December 14th 2012, 9:11 am
Nintenbro wrote:Are you serious about being able to order the final issue online Tasuki? Because I'd really love to have another copy, so I can actually read it. There's no way in **** I'm opening this copy, otherwise, and I highly doubt that other copy that was at my local grocery store will be there for very long.

I haven't checked myself but I have heard from people around the net that you can order a copy from Future Publishing. Not sure if you could always do that or they are just doing it cause this is the final issue.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

December 14th 2012, 11:58 am
Yep got mine

December 14th 2012, 12:03 pm
Way to go!
Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!

December 14th 2012, 1:32 pm
My friend bought me a copy! Very Happy

Got My Copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue! Star_o10
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

December 14th 2012, 5:23 pm
Staroceancrazy, that's a good friend you got there buddy. Not just because he cared enough to purchase a copy for you, but because he already knew how much you'd want a copy.

Tasuki, let me know what's up, as soon as you look into that. I tried accessing their website last night, but I was unable to locate any sections containing information about Nintendo Power and it's distribution. I believe I had accessed their UK website, is there an American based website? If so, would you be so kind as to provide a link?

I have plans of having a gaming room someday, and that poster would look really awesome up on the wall next to my display cabinet containing my golden Triforce WiiMote, Xenoblade Chronicles artbook & my unopened copy of Nintendo Power's Final Issue. And... I'd also really like to read the greatest issue in Nintendo Power history. Very Happy

December 15th 2012, 6:06 pm
Believe it or not, but there are already new copies selling on North American Amazon for as far upward as $150! One customer review states that you can still order a copy directly from the Nintendo Power website at the newsstand price + $1.50 for shipping, but that's completely untrue. If you try to access the website, it'll inform you that both the subscriber & newsstand edition issue are sold out. I think I made a fairly intelligent investment of only $5.99 + tax. Very Happy

And if, for some reason, you don't happen to believe me, check it out for yourself then.
Nintendo Power Final Issue

December 16th 2012, 6:28 pm
To my understanding, most people, subscribers included, are actually deciding to open their copie's. I'm definitely not opening mine, even if I'm unable to purchase a second copy to read. Just wait about 10 years down the road, after the economy has stabilised a bit more, and the supply of factory sealed copies are much more scarce to come by. I can almost guarantee that those people will be kicking themselves,, for opening their only copy. Just like I'm sure there are probably people kicking themselves right now, for opening their copy of issue #1, or for not taking good enough care of it.

December 16th 2012, 9:51 pm
Nintenbro wrote:To my understanding, most people, subscribers included, are actually deciding to open their copie's. I'm definitely not opening mine, even if I'm unable to purchase a second copy to read. Just wait about 10 years down the road, after the economy has stabilised a bit more, and the supply of factory sealed copies are much more scarce to come by. I can almost guarantee that those people will be kicking themselves,, for opening their only copy. Just like I'm sure there are probably people kicking themselves right now, for opening their copy of issue #1, or for not taking good enough care of it.

The first issue and for awhile all issues didnt come wrapped in anything. All they did was have an address label attached to the magazine and sent it like that. Later on down the road possibly due to damage due to the delivery they started putting the magazines in plastic.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

December 17th 2012, 5:08 pm
Tasuki wrote:
Nintenbro wrote:To my understanding, most people, subscribers included, are actually deciding to open their copie's. I'm definitely not opening mine, even if I'm unable to purchase a second copy to read. Just wait about 10 years down the road, after the economy has stabilised a bit more, and the supply of factory sealed copies are much more scarce to come by. I can almost guarantee that those people will be kicking themselves,, for opening their only copy. Just like I'm sure there are probably people kicking themselves right now, for opening their copy of issue #1, or for not taking good enough care of it.

The first issue and for awhile all issues didnt come wrapped in anything. All they did was have an address label attached to the magazine and sent it like that. Later on down the road possibly due to damage due to the delivery they started putting the magazines in plastic.

"or for not taking good enough care of it."

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)