Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Temporary solution to Nintendo Land issue A8vipxWCYAIWCY4
Finally, Parent Control is put to good use.

If you read my Nintendo Land review, I mention that in my experience that the game freezes my Wii U system twice. Interestingly, I have no problems with Nintendo Land whenever I play a different user Mii that doesn't set up it's Nintendo Network ID yet. Nintendo Network gains access to Miiverse and other online service such as the Nintendo eShop and Netflix. This means that the Miiverse, while a terrific Wii U feature, is responsible for Nintendo Land's issue.

When Nintendo Land froze on me for the third time, I angrily said to myself, "That's it! Miiverse gets a time out until an updated patch arrives!"

I just don't know where exactly to disable Miiverse. Then it hit me, I could use the Wii U Parent Control. I tap twice on Parent Control icon, make a simple 4-digit password, go to Parant Control Settings, scroll down to Miiverse, and tap "Restricted posting and viewing."

With this setting, I can long haul Nintendo Land without any issue and be able to go to the Nintendo eShop and Netflix.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
November 27th 2012, 4:41 pmNINTENBRO
Ha! Who would've thought such an issue could be solved with such a simple fix. Very Happy Lol!
KeAfan7
November 27th 2012, 11:11 pmKeAfan7
What an odd bug. Neutral
KingreX32
November 29th 2012, 11:18 amKingreX32
I dont have this problem when I play. Then again. I havent put much time into Nintendo land.
SkywardL
November 29th 2012, 6:05 pmSkywardL
I got a tip from the tech forums of Nintendo. They say that I should go to Miiverse settings to change the language into "Only English" and also to delete and redownload the Nintendo Land update.

Interestingly, downloading the software update for the second time took twice of much time than the first time. Did the first time updating didn't downloaded completely or something?

I have no problems with Nintendo Land so far.
KeAfan7
November 29th 2012, 6:40 pmKeAfan7
I'll get my Wii U back from repairs in about a month, but it's nice to see that Nintendo is working out these bugs and glitches!
SkywardL
November 29th 2012, 8:03 pmSkywardL
Unfortunately, that tip from tech forums didn't work for me.
KingreX32
November 29th 2012, 9:53 pmKingreX32
sorry to hear
SkywardL
November 30th 2012, 1:05 pmSkywardL
I'm not going to give up on Miiverse yet.

I forgot to set "Only English" in the Nintendo Land option menu as well.
Anonymous
December 7th 2012, 4:50 amTomHengs

Is it just for me or do the stats of your friends Mii's doesn't update correctly? I have a lot of friends in my friendlist and on Nintendo Land but their progress is almost 0% like on their first day. Allthough I know their almost finished the game by now.

Any ideas?
KeAfan7
December 7th 2012, 11:20 amKeAfan7
Yeah it actually takes up to 12 hours for your friends stats to update "depends on connection speed and how far away you live from your friends". Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)