Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: Matt Helgeson

Nintendo Announces "Nintendo Network" For Wii U Wii_u_mario1

There have been rumors circulating regarding Nintendo's online network plans for its upcoming Wii U console. Today, president Satoru Iwata announced the first details about the service -- which will have many of the features gamers have come to expect on services like Xbox Live and PSN. The Nintendo Network, as it is called, will be compatible with both 3DS and Wii U.

You can read Iwata's full statement on Nintendo's site, but here are some of the highlights:

-- The Wii U will have a "personal account system" compatible with the Nintendo Network. Iwata said this would make it easier on families that have multiple users of a system in one house. Hopefully, this will work exactly as it does on PS3 or Xbox 360, where you login to your identity and are instantly signed into the network.

-- Post-release downloadable content for packaged games: Iwata said that Wii U games will be supported post-launch. Already, some 3DS titles like Square Enix's Theatrhyhythm will feature downloadable tracks post-launch.

-- Iwata pointed to Mario Kart 7's community functions -- which allow you to organize groups and sort different match types in multiple groups -- as a model for some of the Nintendo Networks functions.

-- Nintendo is also "considering the future possibility of digital distribution of packaged software" for Wii U.

Iwata also said the company would release the system in time for the holidays. He commented, "For the launch of new hardware, it is regarded as a sort of requisite not to miss the critical year-end sales season. The company is aiming to firmly complete the development of the entire system and prepare sufficient software so that the Wii U will be at its best at the time of the launch." Iwata reiterated that Nintendo had "learned a bitter lesson from the launch of the Nintendo 3DS."

Source

Well Well Well. DAmn Nintendo its about time your got with................the times. But is it too little too late. Your Thoughts?

Cheak out the comments on the Source article. do you Agree or Disagree.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Nintendo Announces "Nintendo Network" For Wii U Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marth
I'm hyped for the personal accounts. They're the difference between losing everything you own if your system is broken/stolen and being able to download it again at your own leisure.

While they are late with the online functions, it's coming to a brand new system. It'll be a new beginning (especially if they go through with the rumored name change).
Staroceancrazy
January 27th 2012, 3:43 pmStaroceancrazy
Nintendo is going to be the top dogs next generation king
KingreX32
January 27th 2012, 5:20 pmKingreX32
Staroceancrazy wrote:Nintendo is going to be the top dogs next generation king

Im hyped for WiiUs new features too, but I wouldnt go as far as to say this.
Marth
Yeah, it's way too soon to pick the best selling/best received console for next generation. That said, it looks like Nintendo is playing its cards reasonably well thus far and will probably be the first to the market.

The Nintendo Network might well help WiiU snatch a few 360/PS3 owners if it's really as robust as some are expecting. Still not sold on Nintendo and online, though.
KingreX32
January 27th 2012, 5:58 pmKingreX32
Im more worried about what happens whan the other guys release there next gen consoles.
FuManchu
January 27th 2012, 11:36 pmFuManchu
From what I've heard analysts expect the WiiU to be more powerful than the X-Box 720 but slightly weaker than the PS4 Cool
KingreX32
January 28th 2012, 9:47 amKingreX32
Cheak it out. A friend And I were Disscussing this very thing on Thursday. Check it out.

WiiU is shown to be Twice the Power of the Xbox 360 (this is a rumour might I add But Many different developers have said the same thing So it makes me question if thsi should still be considered a rumour or not)

http://wiiu.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/rumour_wii_u_twice_as_powerful_as_xbox_360

Ok Now check this out Microsoft released a statment the other day saying that the new Xbox will be 600 times more powerfull than the Current one. So basically when It is released it will (in theory) been 200 times more powerful than WiiU
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/01/26/xbox-720-rumors-six-times-as-powerful-will-restrict-play-of-used-games/

This is all just speculation now so dont believe everything you hear.
Marth
I think you mean 2 times as powerful, not 200 and 600. Razz Imagine the electric bills for systems like that. The second article also conflicts with the first article, since it says the 720 would be 20% stronger than the WiiU.

But yeah, it's hard to gauge things based on speculation and rumors since everyone seems to say different things.
KingreX32
January 29th 2012, 10:38 amKingreX32
Its not about Power as in electricity, but more Processing power. The Xbox 360 has 200 times more rocessing power than the original Xbox. Thats basically what that means when I say power in this Context.
Marth
What I was trying to highlight was the difference between 200 times stronger and 200% more powerful. 200% would translate to about 2-4 times more powerful than the 360, while 200 times more powerful would be like jumping from the Atari to a top-end PC in terms of drastic change. If the processing power was 200 times better, the WiiU would be a Game Boy compared to the Vita. That wouldn't make sense given the article states 20% more powerful than the WiiU, which translates to less than two times more powerful (0.something). They would be relatively similar systems.

Anyway, I guess the point is these systems could be behemoths or all in the same ballpark. Razz
KingreX32
January 29th 2012, 6:19 pmKingreX32
yeah. Lets not forget though. These power Specs are all rumours
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)