Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
silksofsweden
silksofsweden
here is the review you all been waiting on. im talking about jungle book on genesis. now many people have said its bad and some say its good. so i will give you my score of the game. this is my review

1. start up/beginning
well for starters it looks promising. it shows the intro just like the movie so it follow it well. as for the menu it looks good. the demo telling you alot. so its a good start. the menu is pretty much self explaining. start the game is start the game, option is option and bare necessities explains what you must do at diffrent difficulty so thats nice

2. gameplay
the gameplay is soo cool and it follows the movie alot. so far i have only given good score. so why do people hate it. i think i know why and its ridiculous. i have to admit that the game is harder than it looks. i give you that and the menu vanish way to fast. the objective in this game is finding red gems and you must have a certain amount of gems before you can move on. after you found all required gems you have to find the exit. that can be tricky. there are weapons and items you can find that helps you alot. this game reminding me about tale spin but at least this game is way way nicer. the object is the same as tale spin too. this game got also time limit but its way more friendly than tale spin. i have a theory but i tell you that later (check down below).
there are also some bosses at some levels so thats nice.

3. graphic
the graphic looks awesome for a disney game. its very colorful, creative and amazing

4. music
well the music is the same as the movie so if you like the song from the movie then you like it on genesis as well

5. fun factor
fun is right but its hard. it gives you challenge and challenge is always nice. at least try it out

6. difficulty
i give it a 6/10 its quite hard but mostly tricky. probally the hardest is that you dont know where to land when you are on high ground. the enemies are everywhere and can be a pain in the as$. hard but worth a try

final score: i give it 5/10. there are some minor things they could do to improve. for example having more chars like baghera or baloo. that would be awesome. the control could also be slightly better. it moves way to fast and most of the times i fall into a lake or a trap because mowgli moves way too fast. sometimes grabbing the vines is hard and i swear that most of the times i fall through the vines. this game is still worth to try out

5- Average The game either has many flaws or the game is simply meh, purchase with caution.

here is some screenshots

Jungle Book (Genesis) Genesis_jungle_book_1

Jungle Book (Genesis) Genesis_jungle_book_2

Jungle Book (Genesis) GEN_JUNGLE_BOOK_2

Jungle Book (Genesis) Disney%27s%20Jungle%20Book-3

Jungle Book (Genesis) Dukey03-VersezDisneyTripleThreat774-51

Jungle Book (Genesis) Junglebook_2461

random talk: theory why this game reminds me about tale spin. the people who made tale spin knew that nobody would ever thoughd of making a game based off the serie. so just for a joke or just to piss gamers (like us) off they decided to make a cruel child game just to mess with kids and tell them that they suck so hard that they should forget games and fun and just go to school. then other people saw this (bad) version of tale spin and wanted to make their own (good) version of tale spin but was scrapped and decided to name it jungle book and thats how we got this game

this is silks of sweden i hope you enjoted this review. dont nagg about my reviews. i do them as i get time. stay tuned for more

my friends code:
super smash bros brawl = 2838-4154-7461
mario kart wii = 2622-9874-2387
mario striker super charged = 3010-2663-2823

Jungle Book (Genesis) Silks_11
Jungle Book (Genesis) Orihim10
Jungle Book (Genesis) Navi
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
September 12th 2011, 12:36 pmJnes5
Huh... I've never thought that this game gets a mixed score... but since it is a game that was hated and loved by many, I guess the score was very appropriate !

Nice review once again silks ! Smile

Oh ! and that's a very cool theory you've made ! Very Happy
silksofsweden
September 12th 2011, 12:37 pmsilksofsweden
yeah im glad that i manage to make a review at last
Link_i_am
September 12th 2011, 11:06 pmLink_i_am
Sounds awful.....and ROFL at the last picture lol!
silksofsweden
September 13th 2011, 3:22 amsilksofsweden
its not that awful actually. i kinda liked it but as i mentioned in the review there are some flaws they could fix
DigiDestined
September 13th 2011, 12:40 pmDigiDestined
It sounds okay though I certainly would not buy this game Neutral
SonicKnuckles
September 13th 2011, 10:00 pmSonicKnuckles
This was a good review for a so-so game
I'm looking forward to your Super Mario Bros. 3 review Very Happy
silksofsweden
September 13th 2011, 11:05 pmsilksofsweden
that my friend will probally be my longest review i ever made
Aussiegamer
September 13th 2011, 11:28 pmAussiegamer
You seem to have the misfortune of having to review the worst games mate :-o well you do have the new Super Mario Bros. 3 review coming which should be a wonderful change from the usual tedious reviews Very Happy
Yet despite being awful games you manage to make the reviews entertaining Very Happy good work mate :-)
silksofsweden
September 13th 2011, 11:29 pmsilksofsweden
thats my job. i am a entertainer after all
Inuyasha4z2
September 17th 2011, 7:39 pmInuyasha4z2
I do not like this game it's so boring and uninspiring that even the Disney name can't save it from its mediocrities Neutral
Definitely better then Tailspin which was just plain horrid Mad
Amufungal
August 27th 2012, 12:51 pmAmufungal
Nice review yet again silks Smile
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 12:51 pmsilksofsweden
yeah. how you like my theory?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)