Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
silksofsweden
silksofsweden
now time for another retro game review but this time on a console that was one time super awesome. im talking about sega genesis. i just wanna point out that nintendo were always my best console but i couldnt deny that genesis were good. it had very good games and their own unique style of sound and music. there are more than just a game its a ... *one hour later* and thats how it is. now to the game. the game im about to review is world of illusion NOT castle of illusion. many people did think it was the same game since it both have mickey mouse in it. yeah you heard me its a disney game so what. disney made alot of good game as well as bad games. this is another game i grew up with but its been a while since i played it so i had to play it again. i give you a link to my walkthrough *see at the bottom for the link*

1. intro/opening story
the intro is very nice and cool. the plot is that both mickey and donald are going to have a magic show for their friends. however donald found a hidden door and of course he fall inside it. so mickey decides to go inside and get him out. but there is a wizard that says that their magic is good in their world and challenging them in the world of illusion. if they can beat him in the world of illusion then he teach them how to get back to their own world

2. gameplay
its a classic sidescroller adventure game. you can chooce if you wanna play as mickey or donald. you can also play as 2 person so thats nice. the game is not hard at all. its fun and cheerful and magical if you can believe it. you attack enemies with a magic blanket and turning them into diffrent things. but at some point it can be tricky. some enemies are smart

3. graphic
for genesis then its a very good graphic on this game. its very creative and each stage have their own unique style. its magical to the end. the graphic is probally the biggest reason why this game looks intresting. also in this game its also alot of cameo like mad hatter, the cards from alice in wonderland, the witch from the sword in the stone and many more. i like it  

4. music
the music is very cheerful and intresting. its a kind of music that makes it more magicaly. it feels like a dream

5. fun factor
fun is it. it could be little harder though. its quite easy game but if you ask me then nothing is more easier than aladin on snes. now that game is easy. that is way easy. anyway you wont get bored with this game. its fun to play from time to times. its a game you play once and then dont play for a while

6. difficulty
as said its quite easy. i give it 3/10 too easy

final score: i give this game 5/10 its a ok game to play when you are bored and got nothing better to do

5- Average The game either has many flaws or the game is simply meh, purchase with caution.

random talk:
yeah i need to say few stuff. this is another game that not many have heard or play before because when i say world of illusion then they are referring to the game castle of illusion which is a sequal. basically castle of illusion stole alot of publicity from world of illusion which made woi a forgotten game. castle of illusion is not a bad game but its definitely harder than woi. i might review that game someday. anyway here is some pics

World of Illusion (Genesis) Cover_e20e01f01be12c07ce43ce5124477648_l

World of Illusion (Genesis) World_Title

World of Illusion (Genesis) World_of_illusion_starring_mickey_mouse_&_donald_duck

World of Illusion (Genesis) 39979-world-of-illusion-starring-mickey-mouse-and-donald-duck-genesis

World of Illusion (Genesis) Worldill002

World of Illusion (Genesis) Magic

here is the link to my walkthrough of this game. pls watch it, rate it and comment it if you think im a good reviewer http://www.gameanyone.com/game/GEN/11021.html
this is silks of sweden review hope you like it. stay tuned for more

my friends code:
super smash bros brawl = 2838-4154-7461
mario kart wii = 2622-9874-2387
mario striker super charged = 3010-2663-2823

World of Illusion (Genesis) Silks_11
World of Illusion (Genesis) Orihim10
World of Illusion (Genesis) Navi
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
August 7th 2011, 3:44 pmJnes5
I can't say I have played this game since I never had a genesis before, but by looking at this, it looks like a pretty good game.

But I have played Disney's magical quest and Mickey mania both for the SNES (and GBA) and both of them were pretty good !

PS: I saw your walkthrough vid, and I can't believe you sound like that ! XD
silksofsweden
August 7th 2011, 10:13 pmsilksofsweden
i know i sound gay in my videos haha
Jnes5
August 7th 2011, 10:33 pmJnes5
silks wrote:i know i sound gay in my videos haha

No, you don't ! believe me, I sound worse ! Laughing
silksofsweden
August 7th 2011, 10:34 pmsilksofsweden
haha i dont think so
Objection Blaster
August 8th 2011, 12:13 pmObjection Blaster
Lol great review silks Wink
silksofsweden
August 8th 2011, 12:15 pmsilksofsweden
have you seen my walkthrough? if not then check it out here: http://www.gameanyone.com/game/GEN/11021.html
Objection Blaster
August 8th 2011, 12:18 pmObjection Blaster
I'll check it out,btw where has everyone gone the last couple weeks have been agonizingly slow here on the forums Sad
silksofsweden
August 8th 2011, 12:19 pmsilksofsweden
yeah you are quiet right. before i got tons of request for review but now i do review and hoping that anyone write on it and make a big fuss of it
SonicKnuckles
August 8th 2011, 12:24 pmSonicKnuckles
This is a decent game but I'm not too fond of it mainly because I'm not a fan of disney games other than Kingdom Hearts but regardless your review is very good!
silksofsweden
August 8th 2011, 12:25 pmsilksofsweden
thx anyway sonicknuckles
DigiDestined
August 8th 2011, 12:35 pmDigiDestined
Fantastic review once again silks Exclamation
when will you review your next game Question
silksofsweden
August 8th 2011, 12:36 pmsilksofsweden
very soon. i just played a horrible childhood game on genesis
DigiDestined
August 8th 2011, 12:40 pmDigiDestined
silks wrote:very soon. i just played a horrible childhood game on genesis
lol,sorry to hear that Laughing
silksofsweden
August 8th 2011, 12:41 pmsilksofsweden
its so bad. have you ever played tale spin on genesis? and yes its a disney game
Gekkouga-Senpai
August 27th 2012, 1:13 pmGekkouga-Senpai
Good review.
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 1:14 pmsilksofsweden
thx joshers
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)