Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
silksofsweden
silksofsweden
there are so many adventure and rpg games that are both awesome and sucky. of course they always referring to legend of zelda or final fantasy but there were one game i falled in love in on super nintendo. a adventure game that was said to be a rip off to zelda (which is not true at all). the game had it all, the greatest music, graphic, storyline and adventure. the game i speak of is named illusion of gaia or aka as they call it in japan illusion of time. that game was one of my top 10 favourite game of super nintendo. you wanna know why? i tell you

1. start up/opening
as the opening beginning you get a very nice cutscene. it explains on a intresting way. you get very exited in this game. the plot in this game is you are a boy called will and he is from south cape. he and his father had been in a tower called babel but his father disappeared while will returned to south cape. so now will decides to go and find his father. with him he got some friends that following will on his adventure along with a princess who have escaped from the castle. as the journey gets longer the harder the quest will be as they have to find mystical statues that contains powerful magic. its a diffrent plot so i dont get it why they call this game a rip off to zelda.

2. graphic
the graphic is so rich and well detailed although the level design looks little ridiculous at some points. it really look great. the graphic is actually important in this game if you could actually believe it because there are places that is hidden and you have to look carefully at everything in the environment in order to continue. at some point they say that Will got nice long hair which means that some walls is cracked and you can see that will's hair is blowing. the animations in this game is so creative

3. music
the composer of this game really deserve a medal and all the credits as he can get. the music in this game is so increadible beautiful. its one of the best soundtrack i ever heard in a super nintendo game. i could go as far to say that some songs are way better than zelda. not to mention the sound effect in this game is so mysterious, odd and unique in its way which makes it even more better than zelda.

4. gameplay
gameplay is just simply amazing. if you want a extra quest then find all 50 red jewels that are scattered all over the game. however there are some jewels that you must get before you get to far in the game otherwise you cant get them later on because you cant get back at some places

5. difficulties
yeah this is something new i will add to you all. from here on i will rank the difficulty on every game on every review. however the other review i made will not show the difficulty. now this game is not hard but it could get tricky at some point and there are some pussle solving you have to do. this is my rank of difficulty: 3/5 = tricky but quite easy

final score: i give this game 10/10 a perfect score because the music is the best. the graphic and animations are amazing. the gameplay and storyline are so epic. when you play this game you dont just play a game. you entering a adventure that takes you across the oceans, over the deserts and fields and climbing very high on the towers and see the world in your hand. this is a game you really need to get and play and love. if you like zelda then i strongly recommend you to get this. it matches its power with zelda

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!

random talk: ok i just wanna share little more stuff to you. i put my entire soul and heart in making this review (which might sound stupid)and its because this is a game i grow up with. now its been a while since they released it and i wish nintendo could release it on virtual wii. i also wish they could make a follower to this game. i think it would be a great serie. after all illusion of gaia is the following game of soul blazer. it worked well for chrono trigger so why cant illusion of gaia be the same? maybe one day they get their Bleep together and do it. now here is some screenshots and music videos

illusion of gaia - super nintendo Iogtitle

illusion of gaia - super nintendo Gaiatown

illusion of gaia - super nintendo Gaiadkspace

illusion of gaia - super nintendo Snes22

illusion of gaia - super nintendo Darkgaia

this is a silks of sweden review

my friends code:
super smash bros brawl = 2838-4154-7461
mario kart wii = 2622-9874-2387
mario striker super charged = 3010-2663-2823

illusion of gaia - super nintendo Silks_11
illusion of gaia - super nintendo Orihim10
illusion of gaia - super nintendo Navi
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
July 29th 2011, 9:49 amJnes5
Man, I love this game ! definitely one of my SNES favorites !

Even though the score is a bit high, I still agree that this game is great !
silksofsweden
July 29th 2011, 9:50 amsilksofsweden
yeah its one of the greatest on snes
Amufungal
July 29th 2011, 11:50 amAmufungal
Awesome review silky Smile
This is a great game that I never had a chance to play until a friend of mine was nice enough to let me borrow his copy last summer Very Happy

Last edited by Sailormoongal on July 29th 2011, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to reword something)
silksofsweden
July 29th 2011, 12:07 pmsilksofsweden
thx sailormoon. much appreciated
Amufungal
July 29th 2011, 12:10 pmAmufungal
Embarassed I called you silky Embarassed
silksofsweden
July 29th 2011, 12:14 pmsilksofsweden
yeah i dont mind. btw whats with the blush face?
Amufungal
July 29th 2011, 12:18 pmAmufungal
Well it sounded like I was flirting with you Laughing
silksofsweden
July 29th 2011, 12:20 pmsilksofsweden
why thank you. im flattered. i would never thought someone would flirt with me online
Objection Blaster
July 29th 2011, 12:28 pmObjection Blaster
lol anyways this was one of the most underrated adventure/rpg games on the snes and was certainly one of my favorites hopefully this review will shed some light on this obscure yet epic snes game Wink
silksofsweden
July 29th 2011, 12:29 pmsilksofsweden
i hope so too. its really a good game
Inuyasha4z2
August 1st 2011, 7:25 pmInuyasha4z2
Though I didn't particularly like the game at the time most likely because of being a novice at games at the time,I think your review is very good,enough so that I may give the game another try now that I'm a hardcore gamer Wink
silksofsweden
August 2nd 2011, 10:11 amsilksofsweden
you really should since its the game in the snes library
Otaku
August 2nd 2011, 12:16 pmOtaku
This looks fun....will it be released on the virtual console Question
silksofsweden
August 2nd 2011, 12:17 pmsilksofsweden
i want it to happen. i been beging nintendo to release it on virtual console
Akatsuki
August 2nd 2011, 12:31 pmAkatsuki
Good review silks Exclamation
silksofsweden
August 2nd 2011, 12:32 pmsilksofsweden
thx much appreciated
KeAfan7
August 3rd 2011, 2:31 pmKeAfan7
Silks your review is great as always keep it up man Wink
silksofsweden
August 3rd 2011, 3:34 pmsilksofsweden
thx rukiafan much appreciated
Amufungal
August 4th 2011, 3:32 pmAmufungal
What are you going to review next?
silksofsweden
August 5th 2011, 2:37 amsilksofsweden
dont know yet but you can always suggest a review here: http://nintendowave.forumotion.com/t566-request-of-review
Aussiegamer
September 21st 2011, 3:00 pmAussiegamer
I'm rather amazed that this wonderful game has not been released on the wii virtual console yet Surprised
silksofsweden
September 21st 2011, 3:44 pmsilksofsweden
i know. im waiting for that day to show up
Ganondorfthewicked
August 25th 2012, 11:32 amGanondorfthewicked
I have very fond memories of playing this game on the Super Nintendo my brother give to me along with the rest of his collection of Super Nintendo games.
silksofsweden
August 25th 2012, 1:31 pmsilksofsweden
yeah its a underated adventure game
Megatron2000
August 27th 2012, 1:22 pmMegatron2000
Welcome back silks and nice work with this review. |D
silksofsweden
August 27th 2012, 1:23 pmsilksofsweden
thx it means alot to me
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments