Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Review: Metroid Prime: Trilogy (Wii Retail) Pbucket

Metroid Prime Trilogy was Developed by Retro Studious and Published by Nintendo. It was released on August 24th 2009.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is a limited Edition Collectors title; it is a compilation of all three Metroid Prime games on one disc. That’s right Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 Echo’s (which were on GameCube) and Metroid Prime 3 Corruptions all on one disc.

Because we are all familiar with the Metroid Prime series, for those of you who do not know I will give a quick background. The Metroid Prime series takes place in between Metroid and Metroid 2: The Return of Samus. The series was started in 2002 and ended in 2007 with the release of Metroid Prime 3 Corruptions. The Prime series are the only games (so far) in the Overall Metroid series that takes place in the first person view.

Because this game is “technically a re-release, the first two games (Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echo’s) feature improved graphics (comparable to the third game) the same credits system found in the third game, the first two games are now able to support 16:9 aspect ratio, the ability to trade credits with your friends (like MP3) and, the difficulty in the boss fights have been turned down somewhat.

Also the Multiplayer from Metroid Prime 2 makes a return, a reworked HUD in Prime and Echoes, (it now only displays the current beam/visor in use.) Also all gauges, the radar, map window, and beam/visor icons becomes transparent when the cursor passes over them and lastly, faster loading times.

Graphics and gameplay wise while the gameplay across all three games remains the same, as I said earlier the Graphics in the first two games have been improved to match those Metroid Prime 3, and lastly the control scheme from Metroid prime 3 is implemented into the first two games.

Overall Metroid Prime Trilogy is in a nutshell a great buy; you cannot go wrong with this purchase. If you’ve already played all three of these games nothing much has changed. If you ever wanted to play the Prime Series here’s your chance. Metroid Prime Trilogy gets 10 out of 10.

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!

Official Site
Metroid Wiki

You can Also read this reviewhere

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Review: Metroid Prime: Trilogy (Wii Retail) Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
Meh, the first metroid prime wasn't good in my opinion, but I thought that the third metroid prime game was good, I haven't played the second one though but I don't think im going to buy this game just so that im only going to play the second game, since it is rare from what I've heard.

But overall, nice review KingreX32 !
KeAfan7
July 28th 2011, 10:51 pmKeAfan7
I'm not a fan of first person shooters but the Metroid Prime series is a prime example of a game that is genuinely fun even for gamers that don't even like the particular genre of the game Very Happy

Your review is top notch KingreX32 Wink
Amufungal
July 29th 2011, 11:56 amAmufungal
I don't like the prime series but I love Metroid Other M Smile

KingreX why is your review of Other M just a link while your other reviews are actually posted on this site Question

Anyway your review is very enjoyable Smile
Objection Blaster
July 29th 2011, 12:40 pmObjection Blaster
This is a very nicely written review keep up your hard work kingreX32 Very Happy
KingreX32
July 29th 2011, 1:37 pmKingreX32
thanks guys
Objection Blaster
July 29th 2011, 6:55 pmObjection Blaster
Holy bleeping $#!% I about fell over when I looked but congrats on getting over 600 views for this review kingreX32 Very Happy
KingreX32
July 30th 2011, 4:37 amKingreX32
Sailormoongal wrote:I don't like the prime series but I love Metroid Other M Smile

KingreX why is your review of Other M just a link while your other reviews are actually posted on this site Question

rukiafan posted that one not me.
KeAfan7
This is by far the most viewed review on wiiwarewave Very Happy
KingreX32
July 30th 2011, 1:28 pmKingreX32
Rukiafan wrote:This is by far the most viewed review on wiiwarewave Very Happy

Thanks for tweeting it. That helps. next time though dont forget #gaming hashtag along witht the ones you usually use. That helps get more people to see your tweet instead of just nintendo fans.
Again thanks for the tweet.
KingreX32
December 15th 2011, 9:02 amKingreX32
Sailormoongal wrote:I don't like the prime series but I love Metroid Other M Smile

Ive fixed that review now. Its a full post and not just a link anymore
Marth
Wasn't much of a fan of Metroid Prime 1, but thanks to this trilogy, I felt compelled to play through it. It's too bad I forgot about collecting those artifact things and now have to go on some giant expedition to get them all. Razz

I agree with score too. You can't really go wrong with this if you can find it for a reasonable price.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
April 5th 2013, 12:48 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Why is Gamestop selling this game for $299.99 used? Surprised
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)