Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gamergy
Gamergy
They're gonna go fast!

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 are being pulled from the Wii Virtual Console Service Polls_sonic_4902_169846_answer_1_xlarge

Famitsu has just reported that Sega will be pulling Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 from the Wii Virtual Console. Only the Mega Drive/Genesis games are being pulled, and only the Wii VC. Other Sonic games have not yet been reported to be pulled, but it seems unlikely they will be pulled.

These two games will officially be pulled from the Wii VC on October 30th, so there's just a few hours left to get them. Both of these titles can be bought on the 3DS eShop in enhanced 3D classics form.

Source from Nintendo Life

Direct source from Twitter
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

RyanNerdyGamer
That's a little disappointing, but at least they're available on the 3DS eShop.
KeAfan7
I still haven't purchased the first two Sonic titles since my first Wii died, so I guess I won't be playing them on my Wii U...ever. Oh well, at least I still have Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles through the Wii Virtual Console Service. Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 are being pulled from the Wii Virtual Console Service 631737971
RyanNerdyGamer
Ichigofan wrote:Oh well, at least I still have Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles through the Wii Virtual Console Service. Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 are being pulled from the Wii Virtual Console Service 631737971
Lock 'em both together and you have my favourite old-school Sonic game. sonic
Staroceancrazy
Daaaang I wasn't expecting the Sonic The Hedgehog games to be the first Genesis games to be removed from the Wii Shop! Surprised
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)