Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Jools Watsham Says Farewell To A Legend...

Developer's Viewpoint: On Iwata-san's Passing Part 3: Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid! 630x25

In memory of the late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata we recently got together with many indie developers to talk about the icon's life! In this several part feature we'll learn more about the legendary president through the eyes of indie developers! In this short third part we had the honor of talking to the esteemed Jools Watsham from Renegade Kid "Mutant Mudds, Xeodrifter, and more" Here's what he had to say about Iwata-san in our interview:

Our Interview wrote:Thanks for joining us to commemorate Iwata's life!

[JW]: Thank you for including me. I am deeply saddened by the loss of Mr. Iwata. It is a wonderful opportunity to share our thoughts on his wonderful legacy.

Did you ever have the honor of meeting Iwata-san?

[JW]: No, unfortunately I did not have the pleasure of meeting Mr. Iwata.

Did Iwata-san's work in the industry influence any of your games?

[JW]: The Kirby games, and the DS / 3DS handhelds have had a big impact on me personally and the business of Renegade Kid. Without his contributions, the world would be a less joyful place.

What is your favorite memory of Iwata @E3?

[JW]: The memory that pops into my mind is the over-the-top fight sequence between Mr. Iwata and Reggie they included in a Nintendo Direct. That was very special, and very fun.

How do you feel Iwata-san has affected the industry as a whole?

[JW]: It is difficult to imagine the industry without the DS and Wii. Both of those platforms had an immeasurable impact on the industry. I think those examples embody Mr. Iwata's positive spirit and appreciation for joy and innovation.

What is your favorite game that Mr. Iwata personally helped develop?

[JW]: I think I would have to go with Kirby's Dreamland.

What do you think that Iwata-san will best be remembered for?

[JW]: I think Mr. Iwata will be remembered for his brave and refreshingly upbeat approach to business, creation, and presentation.

One final farewell to Iwata-san.

[JW]: I would like to say thank you to Mr. Iwata. We understand.

Thank you all for participating. Hopefully we can do this again
sometime under better circumstances!

[JW]: Thank you very much.

We hope that you enjoyed this heartfelt interview, be sure to tell us what you thought of it in our comments below!

Developer's Viewpoint: On Iwata-san's Passing Part 3: Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid! 19654

Developer's Viewpoint: On Iwata-san's Passing Part 3: Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid! 87457210

Developer's Viewpoint: On Iwata-san's Passing Part 3: Jools Watsham From Renegade Kid! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Love4Gaming
Very nice interview! Iwata will live on forever in our hearts. Smile
Ragnarok
DigiDestined
Himawari Chan
I think everyone is sad about Iwata-san passing away even if they aren't 'Nintendo fans'. Sad
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...this interview is really good, it's so sad that Nintendo lost its big boss. Sad
Um...farewell mr. Iwata I'll always remember you being funny during the Nintendo Directs that you hosted. Sad
Kain
It's very sad that Satoru Iwata died at such a young age. Hopefully he lived a fulfilling life in his book and had no regrets. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)