Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Getting Folder Happy!

News: New Wii U System Update 5.2.0 U Adds Folders Plus More! Pikach10

Nintendo has released a new system update for the Wii U today and this update adds these new features to the Wii U according to the official Nintendo website: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3070/p/431

Nintendo wrote:Version 5.2.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

Changes to the Wii U Menu:

Like a Star @ heaven Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons

Like a Star @ heaven A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu

Changes to Quick Start Menu:

Like a Star @ heaven The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote

Like a Star @ heaven Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu

Changes to the HOME Menu:

Like a Star @ heaven The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated

Changes to the Nintendo eShop:

Like a Star @ heaven Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Like a Star @ heaven Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

What do you think about the new features and changes? Let us know in our comments below!

News: New Wii U System Update 5.2.0 U Adds Folders Plus More! 19654

News: New Wii U System Update 5.2.0 U Adds Folders Plus More! 87457210

News: New Wii U System Update 5.2.0 U Adds Folders Plus More! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
Love it! I can now sort my WiiU titles by their decade like I have been doing with my 3DS
Anime_Gurl
I love the update! I'll separate my games by genre! ^.^
Objection Blaster
September 30th 2014, 12:00 amObjection Blaster
Folders should have been added a longtime ago, but it's nice that they are finally available on the Wii U.
SKTTR
I've made folders for

- "SINGLE OFFLINE" -
Offline Single Player Games like Scram Kitty, Stick It to the Man!, Toki Tori, Master Reboot, etc.

- "SINGLE ONLINE" -
Online Single Player Games. 2 Pages for games with online multiplayer like Assassin's Creed III, Rayman, Cubemen 2, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, and 2 pages for games with online leaderboards like RUNNER2, XTYPE+, Puddle, etc.

- "SINGLE MULTI" -
Singleplayer Games with a Multiplayer mode like Guacamelee!, ZombiU, The Cave, FlowerWorks, Zen Pinball 2, KickBeat, etc. It doesn't matter if they have online. Singleplayer and local (offline)multiplayer has priority.

- "MULTI PLAYER" -
Games with focus on multiplayer like Spin the Bottle, Darts Up, TANK! TANK! TANK!, Chasing Aurora,etc.
But also all games where I mastered the singleplayer mode 100% so that there's only multiplayer left to play like F1 Race Stars, TNT Racers, Abyss, etc.

- "VC NES" -

- "VC SNES" -

- "VC GBA  
VC DS" -

- "APPS" -

- "DEMOS" -

I left all the Nintendo 1st Party Software (didn't want to store Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8 and such away) and a few channels like Mii Maker and Wii U Chat in the main menu.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 30th 2014, 2:31 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Yayz Wii U finally has folders lol. Smile
Amufungal
What a wonderful system update Smile
Talesfanatic
The update is awesome! Smile
DigiDestined
I like the folders and faster eshop download times. Smile
PhoenixSage
The folders are amazing! Very Happy
Aussiegamer
Nice update, but crossbuy would have been better. :-)
Warlock in love
Awesome! I can finally sort my games by genre! Very Happy
KokorOtaku
I hope we get crossbuy for all VC titles soon! I wanna play my SNES, and GBA games on the go!
RyanNerdyGamer
The "Create Folder" icon made me feel a little foolish. I tried dragging it to a more convenient location on my Wii U Menu a few times before I realised it was the cursor! Neutral
Anonymous
Why isn't there an article about the 3DS update?
KokorOtaku
@Kushina I don't know Sad I personally bought a couple of themes and like the 3DS update a bit more
Staroceancrazy
What an awesome update! Very Happy
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
October 10th 2014, 12:24 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
The folders are a great addition to the Wii U firmware.
ToughGamer
Good update.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)