Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clαππαd
Clαππαd
The end of a great era

photo 9d12a88c-8936-4209-b7a7-0340173e774a_zpse532b846.jpg

You might remember that back at the end of February we reported that the Wii and DS Wi-fi Connect service will be ending on May 20th, but now we know the official reason for this as GameSpy the company that hosts Nintendo's Wii and DS online servers is closing its doors on May 31st as stated on the GameSpy website.

Effective MAY 31, 2014, GameSpy will cease providing all hosted services for all games still using GameSpy.

If you have any questions about how this impacts your favorite title please contact the game's publisher for more information.

Thanks for a great ride!

It would likely cost too much to move most of the servers so it's a wise business decision. The video-on-demand services, and online shops will not be affected by the closure of these servers, but you won't be able to play online matches on any Wii or DS game after May 20th.

Are there any games that you want to play online once more before the servers close for good? Please let us know!

Comments

KeAfan7
I figured as much, but it's still a shame that the service is shutting down next month.
Amufungal
I'll be sad when Mario Kart Wii can't be played online anymore Sad
PAL96
Water Warfare and Goldeneye: 007 online were great!  Sad 
KeAfan7
We're trying to set up a Mario Kart Wii online competition between our community and Nintendo Life right now so keep an eye out for more details in the upcoming weeks. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)