Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The End of An Era...

photo 9db24876-5026-478e-bc2c-833dd22818fe_zps98374d05.jpg

Nintendo started the Nintendo wi-fi Connection service back in the early days of the DS's life cycle and it allowed users to play DS and then Wii games online wirelessly against friends and in some games, strangers around the world! From the first online Pokemon battle to the online deathmatches in The Last Story on the Wii console the service has brought a level of connection that no Nintendo service had before so it's unfortunate that Nintendo has decided to pull the plug on the service on May 20th of this year.

All games with online will be affected so now's your last chance to finish up with the online modes in your Wii and DS games. It's worth mentioning that video streaming services such as Hulu, Netflix, and Youtube won't be affected by this, And the Wii Shop and DSi Shop will remain open at least awhile longer!

Are you saddened that online games for the Wii and DS will be going offline in a few months? Let us know in our comments!

Wii And DS Wi-fi Connection Service Closes Its Doors Globally On May 20th! 19654

Wii And DS Wi-fi Connection Service Closes Its Doors Globally On May 20th! 87457210

Wii And DS Wi-fi Connection Service Closes Its Doors Globally On May 20th! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

TheGingerDoctor
It was bound to happen eventually. Like Romantaku I hope that Nintendo has the foresight to upgrade all Nintendo WFC services to Nintendo Network. Smile
KokorOtaku
@Zack I was going to say that... Err I guess I did but.... Yeah that....
TheGingerDoctor
Eep...sorry, Otaku. Neutral
KokorOtaku
@Zack yeah it's ok, also I heard the company Nintendo wifi connections was running off of wanted BILLIONS in order for Nintendo to keep them up, so it was the right thing to do otherwise Nintendo would've been doomed
Clαππαd
Romantaku wrote:@Zack yeah it's ok, also I heard the company Nintendo wifi connections was running off of wanted BILLIONS in order for Nintendo to keep them up, so it was the right thing to do otherwise Nintendo would've been doomed
Are you serious? That seems really extreme. Surprised
TheGingerDoctor
That's just going WAY too far! Surprised
ShounenMania
Clαππαd wrote:
Romantaku wrote:@Zack yeah it's ok, also I heard the company Nintendo wifi connections was running off of wanted BILLIONS in order for Nintendo to keep them up, so it was the right thing to do otherwise Nintendo would've been doomed
Are you serious? That seems really extreme. Surprised
What a crooked company...
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)