Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Purrfect 3D Mario Platformer!

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) Wiiu_s13

Gameplay:

Super Mario 3D World takes some of the best elements of Mario's 2D adventures and combines them with some of the best features of Mario's 3D romps and the result is amazing! The gameplay is similar to Super Mario 3D Land, but the formula has been vastly improved upon. Super Mario 3D World features drop-in/drop-out co-op gameplay where you and up to three friends can play cooperatively together to beat this game!

Another interesting feature is that each character has their own abilities just like they did in Super Mario Bros. 2 USA! The game also features many new and returning power-up's including the new flagship power-up the Cat Suit which allows you to run fast, climb up walls, and use your claws against enemies! The legendary Super Leaf that grants the Tanooki Suit is also present in this title!

This game has alot of content and is quite challenging to beat 100% so the replay value of the game is quite impressive! The Miiverse implementation is perfectly executed in this title and you can obtain ghost Mii data of other players via spotpass that allows you to play together with ghost Miis of other players in the game's levels to see how you stack-up against other players of the game!

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) Wiiu_s14

Controls:

The controls in Super Mario 3D World are straightforward and easy to learn, but there are a few levels that require the gamepad to play such as the Captain Toad levels which require some strategy to beat.

A few other levels require the gamepad for various reasons such as needing to blow in the mic or using the touch screen to progress through these levels which adds to the overall experience of this amazing Mario title!

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) Wiiu_s18

Graphics:

The graphics in Super Mario 3D World are vibrant and in full HD. The water glistens in the sun, the rain beads and slides down the lens of the in-game camera, etc. it all looks amazing and the character and enemy models look more impressive than ever before! The level designs are also striking and have alot of impressive details making every level completely unique!

The few cut-scenes in the game are also very nice looking as well as being humorous in their storytelling. Overall this game is gorgeous, but doesn't have quite the level of wow factor that Super Mario Galaxy possessed even though the graphics are far superior in Super Mario 3D World, but it's still breathtaking nonetheless!

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) Wiiu_s20

Sound And Music:

The sound effects in Super Mario 3D World are pretty much what you'd expect to hear in a Super Mario title which is simple yet effective, but this game, as is the case with most Mario titles it's the music that is what's impressive in the audio aspect of the game!

The soundtrack is quite varied even for a Mario title and most of the music in the game is extremely impressive and fits the game well, but again the game though deserving of a perfect score doesn't quite have nearly as impressive of a soundtrack as the Super Mario Galaxy games possessed, but then again very few games on any console do.

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) Wiiu_s21

Bottom-Line:

With amazing gameplay, excellent use of Miiverse, nearly perfect controls, gorgeous graphics, and an amazing soundtrack Super Mario 3D World is a nearly perfect game in every aspect, but even though it's deserving of its perfect score it doesn't quite reach the same level of perfection that the Super Mario Galaxy games possesed, but regardless this game is incredible and every Wii U owner should purchase this amazing Mario title!

Score: 10/10

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 19654

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 87457210

Review: Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
January 4th 2014, 12:11 pmKeAfan7
Whew I finally finished it! What do you think of this review? I tried to put much more effort into it than I usually do since I wanted to make this review worthy of a Nintendo seal of approval! Wink
Trinity33
January 4th 2014, 12:25 pmTrinity33
Dang nice review dude, this might be your most impressive one yet! If you keep making your reviews this good you might become as good as Jnes5. Anywho I agree that this game is almost perfect but isn't quite as good as SMG or SMG2 though to be honest I'd give this game a 9/10 still it's a sweet game that I enjoy playing together with my wife and daughter!
Clαππαd
January 4th 2014, 12:48 pmClαππαd
This is such a nice review boss. Smile
This is such a fantastic game!
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
January 4th 2014, 1:27 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
SM3DW is my favorite Wii U game so far! Great review FTW! Very Happy
ShounenMania
January 4th 2014, 1:45 pmShounenMania
Great review!
Anonymous
January 4th 2014, 4:15 pmGuest
I love Super Mario 3D World because it is such a fun game! I love you
This is a beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
Aqua Cherry Blossom
January 4th 2014, 9:47 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review once again @Rukiafan lol. Smile
Staroceancrazy
January 4th 2014, 9:58 pmStaroceancrazy
Super Mario 3D World was the best game released all year! Very Happy
This was your best review yet @Rukiafan Very Happy
Amufungal
January 4th 2014, 10:14 pmAmufungal
Nice review Smile
ToughGamer
January 4th 2014, 10:31 pmToughGamer
The only thing I can say is that this game deserves GoTY 2013.
ShanaNoShakugan
January 4th 2014, 10:42 pmShanaNoShakugan
This so fun play with friends! Smile
Anonymous
January 5th 2014, 11:21 amGuest
I just want to let you know that this review is on page one of google search when you search Super Mario 3D World review! I love you
It is just below the Nintendolife review! I love you
KokorOtaku
January 5th 2014, 11:30 amKokorOtaku
Nice review, I plan to replay this so I don't show any live lost... Having a death counter show is one of my nervous tics
RWBY_Red
January 5th 2014, 12:42 pmRWBY_Red
I like this game, but I do not understand all of the praise it receives. It is good, but not great by Mario standards. Neutral
Golden_Toad
January 10th 2014, 2:13 pmGolden_Toad
Best game of 2013! Very Happy
Tsukoko
January 10th 2014, 2:34 pmTsukoko
I hope Nintendo starts working on a new 3D Mario game that is more similar to Super Mario 64, but much larger in scale. This is a good game, but we need something as epic as Super Mario Galaxy!
RyanNerdyGamer
January 10th 2014, 4:52 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Nintendo is apparently considering a third SMG game for Wii U. Wink

I'm giving some serious thought towards getting this before I pick up my Wii U from layby next month. I might get some more games as well, perhaps an online-enabled one! Very Happy
KokorOtaku
January 10th 2014, 9:45 pmKokorOtaku
So far world 5 with no deaths
@Zed you should pick up Wonderful 101 it's.... Er wonderful I'd give it a 101/100
KeAfan7
January 11th 2014, 12:05 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for all of the comments guys! You're all awesome. Wink
Sakura chan
January 22nd 2014, 12:33 pmSakura chan
Nice review Rukia chan! This is such a fun Mario game.
I especially love the cat power! Smile
Kenshin A-Go-Go
January 22nd 2014, 11:18 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
Sweet review! This game has a totally retro vibe to it and I love it! Cool
FM_Alchemist
January 23rd 2014, 12:59 pmFM_Alchemist
This is an impressive review. This game deserves a high score, but I think a 10/10 is kind of high as I'd give it an 8 or a 9, but the format of your new reviews is very tidy and looks great!
KIBAxHINATA
January 23rd 2014, 1:15 pmKIBAxHINATA
That was a fun read! While I agree that the game is awesome I also agree with @FM_Alchemist that the game isn't perfect.
GhastlyRockets
January 23rd 2014, 2:14 pmGhastlyRockets
This is a great review of Super Mario 3D World the game is excellent as well!
Sonic The Hodgepodge
January 23rd 2014, 2:45 pmSonic The Hodgepodge
Superb review! I fully agree with the score this is one heckofagame! Cool
Link_i_am
January 23rd 2014, 3:28 pmLink_i_am
Who liked this game more than Super Mario 3D Land? This game was great!
Kung-fu Pikachu
January 23rd 2014, 4:01 pmKung-fu Pikachu
Such good review the game is as good as you say it is @Rukiafan!
SonicKnuckles
January 26th 2014, 12:08 pmSonicKnuckles
Your reviews just keep getting better keep at it Rukes.
Talesfanatic
January 26th 2014, 12:19 pmTalesfanatic
This game is incredibly fun!
Ragnarok
January 27th 2014, 12:02 pmRagnarok
I still don't have this game but it's high on my must buy list of games.
OddyWorld
January 29th 2014, 1:03 pmOddyWorld
Superb review. Super Mario 3D World is best played with friends so if you have only played solo your opinion of the game will be much more negative.
KokorOtaku
January 29th 2014, 10:30 pmKokorOtaku
I'm in the lava world part on my no death run right now, almost beat the game without dying(sorta)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)