Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Princess Has Been Kidnapped Again!

photo 3cd6ca84-dfca-46fe-957b-9b938836b119_zps94d4e023.jpg

Gameplay And Controls:

The gameplay in New Super Mario Bros. U is similar to other games in the New Super Mario Bros. series, but as always there are plenty of new features as well! The first new feature is the flagship power-up of the game, which is the Squirrel Suit that allows you to glide, cling to walls, and even float upwards during a glide to save yourself from a pit or lava! Another great feature is the return of the baby yoshi who can help you in various ways such as illuminating a dark level or trapping enemies in bubbles!

A unique change is that you start outside of the Mushroom Kingdom and must work your way the Peach's Castle which is where you normally start your adventure! There are secrets to unlock via Star Coins, but some can be extremely difficult to find or reach meaning it'll likely take awhile to obtain them all. The level designs are amazing and are littered with secrets and some levels require finding hidden exits to reach.

The game is rather easy though as 1-up's are far too easy to obtain, but this is only a minor complaint. The coin battle multiplayer modes have returned and are quite enjoyable. You can even use a Mii during the coin battle mode! A new feature is the challenge mode in which you can test your skills by completing certain levels in a set amount of time to earn bronze, silver, or gold trophies!

photo 64b29222-875c-47eb-a80b-e9e2502db5b2_zps8e9de26b.jpg

The controls in the game are very simple and easy to learn, but the Wii Remote sideways feels the most nostalgic while playing the game. The platform boost allows another player to use the gamepad to create platforms to aid you during the game and is a neat feature.

Overall the controls are flawless in the game!

photo 82d2c1ba-ceda-4f3a-8a9a-b482343ff771_zps92dd7ce4.jpg

Graphics And Music:

The graphics in New Super Mario Bros. U are crisp and vibrant and truly showcase how nice 2D games can look in HD! The enemies and backgrounds look utterly amazing and detailed. The music on the other-hand is mostly recycled from earlier games in the series which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a few new tracks would have been nice. Overall the graphics are gorgeous and the music is good albeit unoriginal.

photo c3e5320b-d75e-4296-a884-6611c384c245_zps4eda5645.jpg

Bottom-Line:

With superb gameplay, flawless controls, and gorgeous graphics this game is perfect for any gamer and the few complaints we had were very minor so if you own a Wii U we highly recommend that you purchase this amazing title!

Score: 9.5/10

Review: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) 19654

Review: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) 87457210

Review: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aqua Cherry Blossom
February 23rd 2014, 12:31 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
TheGingerDoctor
February 24th 2014, 11:34 pmTheGingerDoctor
This is on my must-play list! victory
Anonymous
February 25th 2014, 10:19 amGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Staroceancrazy
February 25th 2014, 11:14 amStaroceancrazy
Call me crazy, but this is actually my least favorite game in the series
It's good, but I'd give it an 8/10
Clαππαd
February 25th 2014, 11:59 amClαππαd
Nice review boss. Smile
Marioman18
February 25th 2014, 2:05 pmMarioman18
Brilliant review. This was my first game for the Wii U and I still play the game with my mum sometimes. victory
FM_Alchemist
February 26th 2014, 12:13 pmFM_Alchemist
I still haven't beaten Star Road in this game. Neutral
DigiDestined
March 9th 2014, 3:12 pmDigiDestined
This is my favorite first party Wii U game! =)
SuperVash
March 11th 2014, 2:58 pmSuperVash
The New series is overused, but even so they are very good games.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
April 23rd 2014, 12:07 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
I agree with the score this game rules!
KokorOtaku
April 23rd 2014, 12:09 pmKokorOtaku
I find the NSMB series harder then the original series
SonicKnuckles
April 25th 2014, 11:33 amSonicKnuckles
Good review. I think that the series is more unique than most people give it credit for.
ShanaNoShakugan
May 21st 2014, 1:45 pmShanaNoShakugan
Such fun game. Smile
SuperVash
September 7th 2014, 12:17 pmSuperVash
The New super mario bros. series will be "new" forever. Razz
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 8th 2014, 12:13 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
SuperVash wrote:The New super mario bros. series will be "new" forever. Razz
Maybe after Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 we'll see New Final Fantasy and New Kingdom Hearts as new seems to be a common prefix for video game titles lately lol. Rolling Eyes
TheGingerDoctor
September 8th 2014, 1:44 pmTheGingerDoctor
Xiao Pai wrote:
SuperVash wrote:The New super mario bros. series will be "new" forever. Razz
Maybe after Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 we'll see New Final Fantasy and New Kingdom Hearts as new seems to be a common prefix for video game titles lately lol. Rolling Eyes
Believe it or not, the originally-planned title for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was "The New Legend of Zelda", because it was like a Zelda version of New Super Mario Bros. (classic gameplay with a modern twist and upgraded visuals); they decided to change it because they thought that series purists would dislike the name change! Razz
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)