Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Go down
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

Gunman Clive (Discussion) Empty Gunman Clive (Discussion)

December 31st 2012, 10:21 pm
I'm downloading the game, as I type this. I'll let you know right now that it requires 252 blocks of memory. Which is surprising, seeing that it only costs $1.99 USD. The game's unique visual style must require a lot of memory, or it's just those damn 3D stereoscopic effects again. Not that I have anything against 3D stereoscopic effects.

Edit: I'm already impressed by the quality of the 3D effects guys, and that's just from experiencing the logo & title screen's, I haven't even begun to play the game yet. Now that's saying something...

Gunman Clive (Discussion) Empty Re: Gunman Clive (Discussion)

January 1st 2013, 12:11 am
I'll also let you know right now that you'll need earbuds or phones to be able and truly appreciate the music.

January 1st 2013, 10:46 am
I forget the conversion of MB to blocks these days, but the file size may just be a case of lazy compression. The game is 13.7MB on the iPad, which isn't a whole lot.

I bought the game on iOS but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I may add some more meaningful discussion later.

January 1st 2013, 5:01 pm
Marth, any difference there may be in the file size is probably due to the inclusion of 3D effects. Anyways, the production quality is unbelievable for a $2 game. I used to think Mutant Mudds displayed the cleanest and most crisp stereoscopic 3D effects in the eShop, but I think Gunman Clive may have just stolen that title. I'm currently on stage 13, with 7 more stages left to complete. I should be able to begin the rough draft for my review by tomorrow, or the following day.

January 1st 2013, 5:55 pm
Well then, I regret buying it on iOS instead of 3DS. I've never been terribly impressed with the stereoscopic effect in 2D games, but you make it sound legitimately good. Got around to playing the game and finished it in the same sitting. The levels are rather brief but it's tough to complain for the price.

January 1st 2013, 6:11 pm
Marth, I know it maybe easy for some to complain about the length of the stages, but are you playing through the game on the Easy, Normal or Hard difficulty setting? I'm currently playing through the game on Easy, because I need to get through the game as quickly as possible for my review. And yes, the stereoscopic 3D effects do inmeasureable wonders for Gunman Clive's visual style. Bertil could've easily charged more for the 3DS eShop version, but they chose to be generous instead.

January 1st 2013, 10:38 pm
Dug around in the options menu and such, but there doesn't seem to be any difficulty setting in the iOS version. There doesn't seem to be an unlockable character present in the 3DS version either. I'm going to assume it would equate to easy or normal difficulty, but some developers opt for a rather deflated "iOS" difficulty so it's anyone's guess.

Either way, yes, it does sound like the game should cost more than $1.99 on the eShop. I think I'll double-dip and get it there too since it appears to be a superior version at the same price point.

January 2nd 2013, 12:02 am
Marth, I just finished completing the game on the Easy difficulty level. Which unlocked some modification titled, "DuckMode,". I'm not really sure how it affects the game, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm also not sure about any unlockable character either. I've only had access to play as Clive or Ms. Johnson, so far. Maybe there's an alternate character in DuckMode???

Anyways, you definitely should double dip Marth, because the 3D effects really do make Gunman Clive's visual style pop out the screen in a remarkable fashion. I tried to play Gunman Clive with the 3D off, just to see what it would look kind of like on PC, Android or iOS. The results were negative, to say the least.

January 3rd 2013, 11:55 am
So, I picked up the game on 3DS too. Aside from the decidedly grainier visuals (which the 3D effect more than makes up for) it's notably superior. You certainly called the 3D right.

Regrettably, it appears hard mode was actually the standard difficulty level for the iOS version. As such, it's quite easy to get perfects on hard (at least with Ms. Johnson, haven't tried Clive yet) thanks to the use of buttons. Well, except on the bosses. They still pound me into oblivion.

January 3rd 2013, 7:44 pm
I just figured out that the only difference in the level of difficulty is the maximum amount of health you have available, not the amount of enemies or more difficult artificial intelligence. I'm glad you're able to appreciate the 3D effects as well as I am. Otherwise, I would've felt bad for suggesting that you should double dip. Either way, you did get the definitive version, because now you have the circle pad and button controls. Very Happy

February 16th 2013, 1:23 am
Finally decide to get this game and I have to say $2 is a steal for a game this good. If you haven't checked this one out yet you dont know what you are missing.
Tasuki
Tasuki

February 16th 2013, 11:28 pm
Well finished the first playthough with a time of 1:44:23. Next up is the other characters and of course seeing if I can beat that time.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

February 17th 2013, 1:24 pm
Tasuki wrote:Finally decide to get this game and I have to say $2 is a steal for a game this good. If you haven't checked this one out yet you dont know what you are missing.

You'd have already known that Tasuki, if you had just read my
Gunman Clive (3DS eShop) Review Very Happy

Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

February 17th 2013, 1:49 pm
I heard that a new "Platformer mode" is gonna be added as dlc soon! Very Happy

Gunman Clive (Discussion) Star_o10
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)