Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
New Wii U and 3DS System Update now available  A9Uh2EZCMAAyY-9
Just in time for Nintendo Direct

While I was playing Nintendo Land, I notice an X replacing the arrow from the Download Management icon on the Home GamePad screen. On top of the GamePad screen it mention that the download process stop. I wasn't expecting a firmware update, so I decided to ignore it and continue playing Nintendo Land (Balloon Trip Breeze is so addicting).

Then I press the Home button again and notice the arrow has return that seems to be scanning something. I then take the disc out and head to the Download Management. That's where I discover that my system is in fact downloading a firmware update all this time while playing Nintendo Land. It wasn't finish yet, estimated 20 minutes left.

I got worry when the timer stop at 5 minutes for so long, remembering do not unplug the system. 10 minutes later, it's counting down again and the download is complete. Then I manually turn off the system so it can install when turning back on, which I haven't yet.

I didn't realize that there was a new 3DS system update until I check the internet.

I'll update this page on what those updates improve, or not.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
December 4th 2012, 9:41 pmNINTENBRO
I downloaded the update on my 3DS, but I'm unable to notice any difference in performance. I think it was just another homebrew brick. Sadly, still no Miiverse for the 3DS yet. Sad
KokorOtaku
December 4th 2012, 9:43 pmKokorOtaku
Updated both... I notice nothing, but I hope the WiiU was the brick fix
KingreX32
December 6th 2012, 5:45 pmKingreX32
I was playing ZombiU when I noticed. No notification it just started downloading. I thought it was cool.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)