Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Better Than The Original!

Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) NinjaGaiden3razorsEdge

Gameplay and Story:

Ryu Hayabusa is back and ready to slash away at other ninja and the forces of darkness in this remake of Ninja Gaiden 3 and this version is far superior to the original! First of all the blood and gore that was absent from the original Ninja Gaiden 3 has been added, and many new items and stages have been added to the game!

The Wii U tablet is used in some clever ways, but all in all doesn't add much to the game besides making it harder. The levels are much more difficult this time around and some enemies and bosses have new behaviors and attack patterns!

This game also has a few traps that use your knowledge of the previous Ninja Gaiden games against you and can be a source of frustration at times, but it makes beating the game is a rewarding experience!

The game is longer than Ninja Gaiden 2 and the bosses are in some cases frighteningly difficult so don't expect to beat the game in less than 100 hours.

Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) NGRE2

Graphics and Music:

The graphics in the game are some of the best I've ever seen with incredibly realistic effects and detailed character models this game is far superior to the PS3 version's graphics, however there are some instances where the frame-rate drops enough to affect gameplay, but thankfully this doesn't occur frequently.

The music is fully orchestrated and actually seems to adjust its volume and tempo depending on the level of danger you're facing!

There are even a few classic tracks from the NES trilogy that have been fully orchestrated and sound both nostalgic and new!

Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) NGRE

Bottom Line:

With excellent gameplay, a high level of difficulty, amazing graphics, and a breathtaking soundtrack Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge for the Wii U is a great addition to any hardcore gamers library, but some slowdown and occasional lag does slightly hurt the game's review score, but the game is still highly recommended!

Score: 8/10 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited by Ichigofan on April 23rd 2016, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) 19654

Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) 87457210

Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
This review needs some pics! And this was our very first Wii U review! Wink
KokorOtaku
November 22nd 2012, 1:33 pmKokorOtaku
Cool I was wondering how this compared to the PS360 version, I may get this soon then
SkywardL
November 22nd 2012, 4:08 pmSkywardL
Good job on your first Wii U review Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) 631737971
Ms_Kinomoto
November 23rd 2012, 8:24 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....nice review Rukiafan Smile
KingreX32
November 24th 2012, 11:01 amKingreX32
awesome review dude.
Cloud_Strife
November 24th 2012, 12:09 pmCloud_Strife
@Rukiafan That was fast....... This is a quality review and the first adult game that I've seen you review. I know you aren't a fan of violent games, but despite that you still gave the game a fair and unbiased review, a sign of true professionalism! Review: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Wii U Retail) 631737971
Staroceancrazy
December 8th 2012, 3:50 pmStaroceancrazy
Sounds fun! Very Happy
Supertimbros
December 8th 2012, 6:14 pmSupertimbros
Looks like a great game in the series wasn't fond of #2.
KokorOtaku
December 8th 2012, 7:53 pmKokorOtaku
I think I'll pick this one up next time I get a card
Anonymous
Another beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Otaku
This might be fun Very Happy
KeAfan7
It's very fun and I don't normally like these kinds of games, but this one was exceptional. Wink
KingreX32
January 11th 2013, 10:01 pmKingreX32
i kinda wanna try this one out myself
KeAfan7
February 15th 2013, 12:21 pmKeAfan7
You'd really enjoy the game KingreX32. Wink
KingreX32
February 15th 2013, 4:48 pmKingreX32
if the price ever goes down I will defiantly pick it up.
FM_Alchemist
February 15th 2013, 4:57 pmFM_Alchemist
This is as good as I hoped it would be will purchase soon.
KeAfan7
KingreX32 I saw the game on-sale at Amazon the other day for $29.99 new. Wink
KingreX32
February 17th 2013, 3:24 pmKingreX32
30 bucks, nice.
DigiDestined
April 28th 2013, 2:05 pmDigiDestined
Very good quality review! =)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users