Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Super Mario 64 DS was the first DS title I own after launch and yet I only reach up to about 10 stars because I lost interest. It feels more like a demonstration on what the system can do than developing a true remake.

Great review ViewtifulJoe

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Amufungal
April 25th 2012, 1:33 pmAmufungal
Lazy port is all I have to say Sad
Chrono_Cross
April 25th 2012, 5:56 pmChrono_Cross
It does feel like a tech demo but... it's a remake of a beloved game and it really doesn't show off all too much. I'd consider Nintendogs more of a tech demo in terms of power or something.

This is just an asinine excuse. lol
RoboYoshi
April 25th 2012, 6:00 pmRoboYoshi
This only gets a 7? Shocked
Marth
April 25th 2012, 6:07 pmMarth
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I prefer this to the original by quite some margin. I never had any problems with the controls or Wario being clunky.

I also felt that there was a sufficient amount of substance added, especially compared to some rather lazy Nintendo ports. It's got significantly improved graphics, 30 new stars, four playable characters, new stages, mini games, multi-player modes, useful tweaks...what else is needed?

I understand the control issues even though they don't apply to me, but the idea that this was lazy or a tech demo confuses me. I still play the multiplayer mode with friends on occasion and give the single player mode a spin. It's all opinion and expectations, I guess. Razz
Megatron2000
June 15th 2012, 11:54 amMegatron2000
I agree with Chrono_Cross the game should have had much more new content, however I feel that a 7 is too harsh because the game is still amazing.

In any case it's not worth the $20-30 it'll cost you to buy this when you can pay 1000 Wii points $10 for the N64 original on virtual console. |/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)