Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Samus Aran is a space drifter that has left the federation,and must rid the galaxy of an evil alien threat!

Gameplay

This game is an awesome action/adventure game with blisteringly difficult platforming.
The enemies and bosses are both creative and difficult,and require different strategies to defeat them.
Metroid is a fairly long nes game as it will likely take 5-6 hours to completely beat the game.

Graphics

The graphics in Metroid are impressive and have not aged well at the same time,as I'll explain in this section.
Metroid has great resolution for a game in its time,as the character models have a better resolution than what was used in most nes games giving the characters,enemies,and bosses great detail,but the backgrounds and scenery are simplistic and to be honest have not aged well.

Music and Sound

The sound in this game is pretty awful as it's scratchy and just plain annoying,its music is better,but still is quite annoying....

Bottom line-Metroid has an awesome gameplay formula,and plenty of action,its graphics are a double-edged sword as the character models are superb,but the rest of the graphics are plain awful,and the music and sound effects are pretty bad in the virtual console version,but at 500 Nintendo points it's a good purchase for any Metroid fan!

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 7.5/10

7- Good This game may have a few flaws or may have somewhat shoddy controls, or minor sound/graphics flaws, but the game itself should be fun if you like the genre, and can overlook the potential flaws!
Attachments
Metroid (nes) Attachment
Metroid3.bmp You don't have permission to download attachments.(82 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Metroid (nes) Attachment
Metroid2.bmp You don't have permission to download attachments.(34 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Metroid (nes) Attachment
Metroid.bmp You don't have permission to download attachments.(31 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Rukiafan on June 25th 2011, 11:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

Metroid (nes) 19654

Metroid (nes) 87457210

Metroid (nes) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Megatron2000
May 21st 2011, 2:04 pmMegatron2000
Short........really short dude Neutral
Amufungal
May 28th 2011, 7:45 pmAmufungal
Good review,but I agree with megatron2000 that it's way too short Razz
NINTENBRO
March 3rd 2012, 7:32 pmNINTENBRO
I downloaded Metroid, but I only noticed sprite flickering and deformation. I never experienced Metroid on the actual NES, so are you saying the music and sound effects have been poorly emulated? If so, is this the same case with Super Metroid?
KeAfan7
March 4th 2012, 3:01 amKeAfan7
I never played the original NES cart, so this could be a perfect port, but I can say these issues are not present in Super Metroid. Wink
Marth
March 4th 2012, 3:43 pmMarth
Yeah, this is a pretty short review. Razz

That said, this is easily my least favorite game in the Metroid series. The design of the world is great, but it's the game design itself that frustrates me. Grinding for HP, constant slowdown, getting hit while going through doors/on elevators, and all the other subtleties really start to drain on you...
SkywardL
March 4th 2012, 4:03 pmSkywardL
You don't need to worry about grinding for HP when playing on the 3DS with the Restore Point feature Wink

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)