Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Extremely Rare Wii Gem!

The Last Story Will See A Very Limited Release in North America! Laststoy

If you are an American and you really want The Last Story in your Wii library a pre-order might be your only hope! Xseed says there isn't much of a market for this game and they don't want to overstock excess copies at retailers.
So how limited will The Last Story be? Some sources indicate that there may be as few as 25,000 copies printed which would make The Last Story one of the most limited game releases in video game history!

Will you be pre-ordering this epic Wii RPG?

The Last Story Will See A Very Limited Release in North America! 19654

The Last Story Will See A Very Limited Release in North America! 87457210

The Last Story Will See A Very Limited Release in North America! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Killeryoshii
WTF! Apparently Xseed hasn't heard of Operation Rainfall. Mad
I doubt that there will even be enough copies for those of us that pre order this game. Evil or Very Mad
KingreX32
Hey man dont get mad. The market for that game here isnt really that big. It makes sense that they are doing this. It sucks but hopefully you can get a copy on Amazon or Something
Killeryoshii
Yeah, but those will probably be over 100 bucks if this game is that rare.
KingreX32
good point. Camp out at Gamestop and grab a copy before anyone else. Crack some heads if you have to.
Megatron2000
@KingreX32 to put into perspective there are over 1 million operation rainfall members in America that signed the petition to have The Last Story localised, and 25,000 is less than 1/40th of the people at the very least who wanted to buy the game D|
KingreX32
LOL hence the reason I said "crack some heads if you have to"

getting this game is gonna be a massive fight.

Seriously though That sucks. Hopefully the people who preordered the game get thier copies first.
FuManchu
Xseed seriously thinks only 25,000 people want The Last Story? pale
Ganondorfthewicked
This is a very bad move. Mad
Objection Blaster
If Xseed only manufactures 25,000 copies there will be many angry people who wanted to get The Last Story, but couldn't. Neutral
LordHoppingRage
This is insane how can I possibly get my reserved copy if they won't stock at least enough copies of this game for everyone that reserves the game?
Otaku
I guess operation rainfall was not completely successful Sad
Kenshin A-Go-Go
What? Everyone I know that has a Wii wants this. confused
KeAfan7
I said the sources indicate there could be as few as 25,000 copies, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the number won't be substantially higher. Wink
Aqua Cherry Blossom
@Stinkerbri members tend to jump to conclusions or misinterpret articles lol. The same thing happens frequently at Nintendolife.
Chrono_Cross
KingreX32 wrote:LOL hence the reason I said "crack some heads if you have to"

I don't think beating someone up for a video game is the right thing to do. Or even stealing it from someone in general...
Marioman18
I think KingreX32 was kidding but that was an awful, dry joke Neutral
If the worst case scenario pans out I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few American copies of The Last Story sell upwards of $1,000 U.S. dollars Neutral
Grumblevolcano
Now Americans can finally understand how us Europeans have felt when we've been handed the short end of the stick for a particular video game release. I still hope Xseed prints more then 25,000 copies for the Americans.
NINTENBRO
I'll try to pre-order a copy, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do that. If this is the case with, "The Last Story," does anybody know how limited, "Xenoblade Chronicles," is going to be in North America?
KeAfan7
There are only as many copies as pre-orders for Xenoblade Chronicles. Neutral
MetroidBlaster
I heard there were even less than that many for Xenoblade and WTF Xseed you just missed a huge opportunity to make millions off of The Last Story. No
NINTENBRO
Wow! Where did you hear that MetroidBlaster?
KeAfan7
I wonder just how many people will actually be lucky enough to get their hands on these legendary RPG's?
NINTENBRO
If Xenoblade Chronicles is also extremely rare, I think I'll be too afraid of opening my copy. An unopened copy may soon become very valuable.

Last edited by WiiAboutU on April 1st 2012, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Staroceancrazy
@WiiAboutU then you'd miss out on one of the greatest rpgs of all time Sad
Why are all these games that hardcore gamers are clamoring for only getting extremely limited preorder only releases that most people who preorder still won't get the games?
Amufungal
I hope my Gamestop will have sufficient reserve copies Smile
NINTENBRO
When I approach the counter at GameStop, that b**** better have my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. Rain, sleet, or snow, that b**** better have my Xenoblade! Razz
KingreX32
WiiAboutU wrote:When I approach the counter at GameStop, that b**** better have my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. Rain, sleet, or snow, that b**** better have my Xenoblade! Razz

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dont deny the man his Xenoblade.
Marth
I was going to ignore this game for a while and pick it up down the road, but I guess I can't afford to miss it now! Surprised
Chrono_Cross
But Yoshi I thought you lived in Australia? confused
Marth
Nah, I'm a Canadian. Don't think I've ever left the country, in fact. Razz

I'm guessing it will be more scarce to find here than in the States, but at least there's always the 'net.
NINTENBRO
KingreX32 wrote:
WiiAboutU wrote:When I approach the counter at GameStop, that b**** better have my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. Rain, sleet, or snow, that b**** better have my Xenoblade! Razz

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dont deny the man his Xenoblade.

Hahaha! You liked that one, huh gangster?
KingreX32
LOL indeed. Thats me when ever I go to see a big movie Opening Night.

"Yo I better get some good seats, or its goin down."
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Boys these days. Rolling Eyes
Chrono_Cross
Aren't you male Eureka? I'm so confused these days. confused
Chickgoboom
Eureka is female! Laughing
I guess there is no reason to be a penny pincher so I'm gonna have to pre order The Last Story too. :/
ShounenMania
What is Xseed thinking? This will be even harder to find than Fishing Resort.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)