Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Nell TU
Nell TU

highly-rated games you didn't like Empty highly-rated games you didn't like

October 22nd 2011, 3:28 pm
Two games I can think of off the top of my head that I thought were overrated are Super Mario Galaxy and Viewtiful Joe. I liked Mario Galaxy alright, it just wasn't great. I got bored with Viewtiful Joe and still haven't finished it.

Admin

highly-rated games you didn't like Empty Re: highly-rated games you didn't like

October 22nd 2011, 5:25 pm
Off the top of my head, And Yet it Moves was highly rated but I didn't like it at all. Same for Mario Kart 64. I really think it's the worst Mario Kart game of the serie.

Games that were highly rated but I kinda liked but still felt like they are greatly overrated are the Super Smash Bros serie and the Bit. Trip serie.

Can't think of anymore at the moment, but there might be more.
Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

November 5th 2011, 12:45 pm
Kirby's Epic Yarn was way too kiddie even for a Kirby game and was too different from the gameplay I'm used to seeing in a Kirby game.

highly-rated games you didn't like Star_o10
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking

April 15th 2012, 4:04 am
Sneaker wrote:Games that were highly rated but I kinda liked but still felt like they are greatly overrated are the Super Smash Bros serie and the Bit. Trip serie.

Agreed with you on that one. Especially with the Bit Trip franchise. Bit Trip BEAT is by far my favourite Bit Trip game, followed by Void. Fate I'd say was the most disappointing entry in the series despite the positive reviews everywhere.

Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

April 15th 2012, 12:57 pm
Final Fantasy X-XIII are awful I don't know why the series is still defended by hordes of fans because its days of glory ended after IX.

highly-rated games you didn't like D9qgr310

Obsessive member of WiiWareWave :]
Wii FC 1724-3424-1981-0846
Marth
Marth

April 17th 2012, 1:46 pm
Mario Kart 7 - It has notably less content than Mario Kart DS in exchange for better visuals and a better online mode. Not enough for me, really. The gliding and underwater segments seemed pretty throwaway as well. Don't get me started on the AI.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - I loved the visual style, co-op, and certain elements of the gameplay, but the inability to die and the lack of challenge ruined the whole game for me. It felt like I was walking down a defined path with no obstacles, which just isn't engaging.

Keep in mind I don't hate either of these (I beat KEY once on my own and once in co-op in fact), but I found them disappointing enough to warrant mentioning here. I really had to force myself more than a few times to continue playing so that I could justify spending full retail price.
gamerace
gamerace

April 17th 2012, 2:00 pm
Red Steel 2 - While there was much to like, the ridiculous loading times for small areas, the complete lack of multi-player (which was what I played primarily on RS1) and the fact it was basically a one trick pony killed my enthusiasm for this game.

SMG, LoZ:TP, MP3 - All good but all bored me. Love NSMB, LoZ:SS and MoM though.

Kirby - Epic Yarn. - I finished it but the kiddyness of this one was really grating (mind you I played through it with my son which helped).

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)