Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Few 16 bit era RPGs have a story so epic and a villain so incredibly wicked that you will actually be on the edge of your seat during much of the 50 plus hours of gameplay!
Final Fantasy III is one such game!

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) Ff3-2

Gameplay and Story

The story of Final Fantasy III is about a conflict between the Empire a military power using an ancient technology known as magitek to conquer the world, and a group known as The Returners a group of freedom fighters who want to protect the people from the malicious actions of the Empire!

Gameplay wise Final Fantasy III plays closer to Final Fantasy VII than a traditional 2D Final Fantasy! First of all the game has your standard turn based battles but changes things up with the addition of techniques which range from stealing items from an enemy to absorbing damage from magic and turning it into MP!

Another new feature is the magicite system which works similarly to Final Fantasy VII's materia system in which you equip magicite to a character and they will slowly learn the spells it teaches as well as summoning an esper which is only able to be done once per battle.

Also Final Fantasy III introduces desperation attacks which sometimes activates if you use the attack command when a characters HP is at critical level 1/16 of MAX

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) FinalFantasy3_ss1

Okay so I've covered some of the new features now let's talk about the game itself! The game has a story that is going to make you want to keep playing to find out what's going to happen next, and though it can be predictable at times, there will be others where you will be shocked by what has happened!

There are even a few dungeons that requires you to form more than one party to conquer and usually requires the parties to press switches to open up paths for each other which can sometimes prove to be a satisfying challenge!

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) Gfs_28510_2_3

The game has so many sidequests that you literally need to read a strategy guide to find them all, and completing them usually earns you rare items and equipment and in a few cases magicite! One thing worth mentioning is that some of the treasure chests in the first quarter of the game will change into better, and in a few cases one of a kind items after a certain event as long as you didn't open them!

Finally we have the characters of the game which you'll find add a very emotional tone to the game as each has their own hardships and losses they're dealing with and unlike most early RPGs the game has been properly translated into english!

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) Ff3-1

Graphics and Music

The graphics are greatly improved over the previous entries in the series as the details in both the character and object models as well as the backgrounds look like something you'd see in a playstation one game!
The special effects are good, but aren't as good as those seen in later SNES RPG's such as chrono Trigger but are still pleasant to the eyes!

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) Finalfantasyiii

The music in Final Fantasy III was some of the best in the series at the time the game was released, and is still one heck of a soundtrack!
Other then that the sound in Final Fantasy III is standard 90's RPG fare nothing really notable.

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) FinalFantasy3_ss4

Bottom line

With an epic heartfelt story, great gameplay, terrific graphics, and a wonderful soundtrack Final Fantasy III is likely the most epic RPG currently on the Wii virtual console and is well worth its 800 point price!

Price- 800 points

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 10/10

10- Perfect This game is nearly perfect, and has little if any flaws, and is a blast to play!

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 15th 2015, 4:39 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected a few spelling errors and clarified an important segment)

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) 19654

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) 87457210

Review: Final Fantasy III (Wii VC) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
September 25th 2011, 1:45 pmKeAfan7
This needs pictures!
Punnyguy
September 25th 2011, 1:55 pmPunnyguy
This game certainly deserves that perfect score Very Happy
Link_i_am
September 25th 2011, 3:07 pmLink_i_am
This is one of the best Final Fantasy games I have ever played and I am glad this got the perfect score it deserves Very Happy
When will the pics be uploaded?
Inuyasha4z2
September 25th 2011, 5:38 pmInuyasha4z2
Fantasic review with an ugly format use some pics man Very Happy Sad
Andy
September 25th 2011, 5:42 pmAndy
Great reveiw!
NINTENBRO
September 25th 2011, 6:00 pmNINTENBRO
A very informative review Rukiafan, as usual. This has really persuaded me to purchase this sometime in the future. Don't shoot me, but I've never actually experienced a Final Fantasy title before. Except for A1 Tatics on the DS, but that's not really considered a standard entry in the series.
Inuyasha4z2
September 25th 2011, 6:15 pmInuyasha4z2
It's a great game and one of the best in the series Wink
KeAfan7
September 25th 2011, 10:48 pmKeAfan7
Still no pics......@staff could you please add some where I typed "insert pic here" it looks awful as is Neutral
Jnes5
September 26th 2011, 12:05 amJnes5
Sorry ! I thought this review was old ! Embarassed

But good review nonetheless ! Smile
KeAfan7
September 26th 2011, 12:24 amKeAfan7
@WiiAboutU I'm glad I persuaded you as this is one of the best games in the entire series, second only to Final Fantasy VII in this reviewers honest opinion Wink
ZezHylia
September 26th 2011, 12:33 amZezHylia
I really like this game because........well, it rocks Cool
Chickgoboom
September 26th 2011, 12:13 pmChickgoboom
Kefka is da best villain ever Very Happy
SheldonTheGenius
September 26th 2011, 12:59 pmSheldonTheGenius
Chickgoboom wrote:Kefka is da best villain ever Very Happy
I don't agree with this message ↑ Sephiroth is king king
Yusei Fudo
September 26th 2011, 2:17 pmYusei Fudo
This was the last canon Final Fantasy game released on a Nintendo console and is certainly one of the best Very Happy
Love4Gaming
September 27th 2011, 2:55 pmLove4Gaming
I hope you enjoy this super awesome rpg WiiAboutU Wink
Cloud_Strife
September 27th 2011, 6:33 pmCloud_Strife
Great job on your review...... Smile
Akatsuki
September 28th 2011, 1:08 pmAkatsuki
Thi is much better than II/IV Very Happy
Megatron2000
September 28th 2011, 1:41 pmMegatron2000
I bought this the day it was released back in the early 90's and was blown away by the scale of the game! Now over 15 years later this game still manages to impress |D
NINTENBRO
September 28th 2011, 1:49 pmNINTENBRO
I've already purchased this, but would you guys recommend any other RPG available on VC before it? The only other VC RPG I own is Y's Book 1&2.
Marioman18
September 28th 2011, 2:44 pmMarioman18
Paper Mario,Breath of Fire II,and Chrono Trigger would be good choices Secret of Mana is a great rpg as well Wink
NINTENBRO
September 28th 2011, 4:49 pmNINTENBRO
Would anyone say that Chrono Trigger deserves a download before Final Fantasy lll does?
Marioman18
September 28th 2011, 5:42 pmMarioman18
They are both excellent games so you couldn't go wrong with either choice Wink
NINTENBRO
September 28th 2011, 6:34 pmNINTENBRO
Thank you Marioman18, well then let me be a little more specific. Which title has more sidequests and more diversity in the environments?
Anime_Gurl
September 29th 2011, 11:57 amAnime_Gurl
I just looked it up and they both are about the same in that regard Wink
OddyWorld
September 29th 2011, 12:45 pmOddyWorld
Sweet review Rukiafan Wink
SonicKnuckles
September 29th 2011, 1:03 pmSonicKnuckles
I know what my next purchase will be I love you
Killeryoshii
September 29th 2011, 1:29 pmKilleryoshii
I don't like this game all that much Neutral
Golden Freiza
September 29th 2011, 1:54 pmGolden Freiza
Booyaa awesome review and even a more awesome game king
[NL] Fishing Resort
October 10th 2011, 2:05 am[NL] Fishing Resort
Cloud_Strife wrote:Great job on your review...... Smile
Paragoomba
October 11th 2011, 7:32 pmParagoomba
I've decided that this will be my next purchase Smile
MetroidBlaster
October 11th 2011, 9:20 pmMetroidBlaster
@paragoomba good decision you won't be disappointed as Final Fantasy III is one Sakaguchi's greatest creations Wink
Sakura chan
October 12th 2011, 12:07 pmSakura chan
Is this better then that awful Final Fantasy game on the nes?
Ichigo Kurosaki
October 12th 2011, 12:45 pmIchigo Kurosaki
Sakura chan wrote:Is this better then that awful Final Fantasy game on the nes?
Far better Wink I know what you mean I played the original Final Fantasy on the origins collection and it was very fun,but then I tried this version and thought this is really the same game.....? lol.
Nell TU
October 12th 2011, 4:23 pmNell TU
This is a great review admin I'm looking forward to seeing your other reviews Smile
Kain
October 12th 2011, 4:49 pmKain
What an epic RPG king of course I've played it many times Smile
Bazooka
October 25th 2011, 1:53 pmBazooka
Final Fantasy VII owes alot to the features in this entry but will always be the no. 1 game in the series!
This game is certainly no push-over either. Great review admin.
LordHoppingRage
October 25th 2011, 5:16 pmLordHoppingRage
This is a superb game until a certain plot twist about halfway through the game. Crying or Very sad
Fox_McCloud
October 25th 2011, 6:20 pmFox_McCloud
Is this game better than Final Fantasy II?
Ragnar
October 25th 2011, 8:41 pmRagnar
I finished Final Fantasy II about a month ago and started playing this game a couple weeks later. I loved FFII, but this game is better. Far more 'deep' and 'rich' in story and scenery. Also, I hear that the play time is about double that of FFII.
NINTENBRO
October 25th 2011, 9:41 pmNINTENBRO
I'm glad to hear your enjoying it Ragnar, you should check out Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV after your done with Final Fantasy III. They're both also available on VC too.
Staroceancrazy
November 9th 2011, 7:53 pmStaroceancrazy
I can't believe how good this game is Surprised
KeAfan7
November 9th 2011, 8:11 pmKeAfan7
You're correct this is a very good game. Wink
Robj76
November 9th 2011, 8:46 pmRobj76
Kefka is nuts. Prinny
DigiDestined
December 22nd 2011, 4:43 pmDigiDestined
Nice review Rukiafan Smile
Terra
February 5th 2012, 8:55 pmTerra
This is the best game in the series I hope many younger gamers will finally get to play this epic RPG. Very Happy
Aqua Cherry Blossom
May 9th 2012, 2:58 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review Brian. Smile
SkywardL
July 23rd 2012, 2:32 pmSkywardL
Today, I finally downloaded Final Fantasy III from the Wii Shop Channel just to have some familiarities whenever I decide to get Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

I play the first hour and the battle system was a little scary at first due to enemies attack while selecting the right attack myself. I'm enjoying it so far and the music is terrific.
KokorOtaku
July 23rd 2012, 3:08 pmKokorOtaku
I don't own FF VI but I do own FF III on DS, I hope they make a 3DS version of V-X or something, I'd like to play VI, VII, and X
Anonymous
November 9th 2013, 12:05 pmGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
I love this game! I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)