Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) NeedforSpeedUndercoverlogo

Need for Speed Undercover is the 12th installment of the ever popular Need for Speed series. It was developed by EA Blackbox and published by EA. It was released on November 18th 2008 for all consoles and handhelds.

Need for Speed Undercover takes the series back to its roots (after the not so hot reception of Prostreet). Players are put in the role of an undercover cop sent to infiltrate an international smuggling syndicate.

Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) Mainmenu

Like previous NFS titles (Most wanted, Carbon etc… undercover features the return of a free roam mode, cop chases, numerous car customization options (like autosculpt), Many different cars, and parts, and lastly an awesome soundtrack featuring artists like Mindless Self indulgence, Tyga, Nine Inch nails, and Rise Against. The damage feature returns from Prostreet but this time the damage is only cosmetic and doesn’t affect your cars performance in any way. On top of this Undercover also has many new single and multiplayer modes like Cops and Robbers (Two teams of up to four players will compete to either deliver, or prevent the delivery, of a package to a drop-off) Getaway ( similar too Cops and Robbers, but this time players take turns being either the Cop or Robber.) Highway Battle (like the outrun game found in almost every NFS title the only difference is it takes place primarily on the highway) and Chasedown (A Single player mode where you have to total the bad guys car before his goons get you).

Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) WII31_rev_nfs_grab19--article_image

Another new feature of Undercover is the reworked Heat level. In previous NFS titles if the cops chase you your heat level will go up, if you manage to get away it is reset to zero. In Undercover your Heat level remains consistent throughout the whole game basically meaning if the last time you got away from the cops your heat level was at 5 (the highest level) then the next time you get into a chase it will star directly from Level 5. Lastly like Prostreet the Wii version of undercover lacks an online multiplayer component (only Local) and DLC packs.

Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) Lapko
Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) WII31_rev_nfs_grab16--article_image

In the graphics department the game looks great, while they are downgraded to work on Wii the textures, environments and vehicles nonetheless look great and are a major improvement when compared to Prostreet on the Wii. Gameplay wise returning to the formula of previous NFS games Undercover features fast paced, action packed, arcade like gameplay. In controls Need for Speed Undercover is a very accessible game featuring six different control methods its easy for anyone to pick it up and play. Players can either use the Wii Wheel, Wiimote by itself, Wiimote and Nun-Chuck, Wii Classic controller, The Gamecube controller, or the separately sold Logitech Speed Force wireless Wheel.

Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) WII31_rev_nfs_main--article_image

While Undercover is a throwback to previous titles it does however have a slew of problems that keep it from greatness. Points of criticism are the game is very glitchy and buggy sometimes you are able to drive through other cars, most times the game freezes during customization, and at times the maps don't load fast enough so you will find yourself driving through grey nothingness. Secondly the story usually has nothing to do with the gameplay, you will be told to do one thing and when the game starts you will find yourself doing something completely different, and lastly the cut scenes in between games were badly acted (Maggie Q I was expecting more from you). With that being said when it works the game is very fun to play it features everything we have come to know and love from the Need for Speed series (except the bugs and Glitches), its of decent length (about 10 -12 hours) and as always the soundtrack is awesome.

While the game is at bargin bin prices now you may want to give it a rental before you invest 30 bucks. Need for Speed Undercover gets a 6.0 out of 10.

6- Decent This game has flaws or major flaws such as, poor controls, bad gameplay elements, poorly implemented gimmicks, minor sound or graphics issues etc. But can be fun, but not necessarily as fun as you'd hope.

Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) Bumperveiw

official site

Source

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Review: Need for Speed: Undercover (Wii Retail) Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Chickgoboom
September 6th 2011, 2:57 pmChickgoboom
I was quite disappointed with this game despite the fact that it is fun the fact remains that the wii version is vastly inferior to the PS360 versions Neutral Your review is very informative and accurate nice job Wink
Marioman18
September 6th 2011, 3:42 pmMarioman18
@1 The wii always gets the middle finger in terms of ports Sad
KingreX32
September 6th 2011, 3:51 pmKingreX32
Marioman18 wrote:@1 The wii always gets the middle finger in terms of ports Sad

Indeed thats why i ike reviewing Wii games that are ports. Cause i like people to know just how bad or good the game is. And weather or not you shouls avoid it. NFS Undercover was an ok game just not worth even 30 bucks.
ARF_Paula
September 6th 2011, 4:25 pmARF_Paula
Ugh This game is awful,well whatever Neutral
KeAfan7
September 8th 2011, 12:28 pmKeAfan7
The game isn't terrible it's just not all that good either I think your review is very good man Wink
Jnes5
September 8th 2011, 12:52 pmJnes5
Meh, not a big fan of the "realistic" racing games, I've always like the more arcadey types like mario kart, konami krazy racers, diddy kong racing, etc. but that's just me...

But your review is pretty good KingreX32 !

But I can't believe you can actually use a Logitech Speed Force wireless Wheel ! how does that work ?!
Zatchbell
September 8th 2011, 12:59 pmZatchbell
Meh,nice review though!
Love4Gaming
September 8th 2011, 2:30 pmLove4Gaming
I figured it wasn't going to be very fun Sad oh well nice review Smile
KingreX32
September 8th 2011, 5:53 pmKingreX32
Jnes5 wrote:Meh, not a big fan of the "realistic" racing games, I've always like the more arcadey types like mario kart, konami krazy racers, diddy kong racing, etc. but that's just me...

But your review is pretty good KingreX32 !

But I can't believe you can actually use a Logitech Speed Force wireless Wheel ! how does that work ?!

I didnt use it. Im not goona pay 40 bucks for that thing and it only works for one game. Its a waste of money.

Also Dang dude you and me are polar opposites. You hate all the games i love. LOL Ive been dieing for a good realistic racer on Wii cause I hate the kart racing games.
Andy
I love this reveiw. Your are now a nominee for Www's member of the month!!!
KIBAxHINATA
September 14th 2011, 5:50 pmKIBAxHINATA
Nice informative review pure and simple Exclamation
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)