Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Genuine Classic!

Review: Mario Kart DS (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s18

Mario Kart DS is a true masterpiece there's little doubt about that, but does it live up to the standards that Mario Kart Wii, 7, and 8 have set? Well there's only one way to find out!

Mario Kart DS has some fairly tight gameplay and decent A.I. compared to earlier entries in the series, but the learning curve can be quite steep, especially since learning to snake for boosts is a must in this game, doubly so in the higher CC settings. The controls, while better than Mario Kart 64, and Super Circuit's aren't on par with the much more responsive controls introduced in Mario Kart: Double Dash.

As far as the tracks they are pretty decent and have some pretty good details for an early DS title! There's also a ton of unlockable content in this game including characters and karts which will keep you coming back to this game for some more!

Review: Mario Kart DS (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s19

The game also features a true battle mode, unlike Mario Kart 8 that can be played solo vs. CPU players! This is very important as the Virtual Console release of this game doesn't allow for local or online multiplayer which really hurts this game's score.

Mario Kart DS' audio-visual presentation is terrific with very nice 3D graphics for an early DS title and incredibly catchy and enjoyable music that the series is famous for! The characters also have limited voice acting which is another nice feature!

Review: Mario Kart DS (Wii U VC) Wiiu_s20

Bottom-Line:

With superb gameplay, tons of content, and an excellent audio-visual presentation Mario Kart DS will provide gamers endless hours of fun, however slightly tricky controls and the lack of multiplayer of any kind does prevent this game from receiving a perfect score. Regardless we still highly recommend downloading this amazing game!

Price: $9.99/£8.99/€9.99

Score: ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 13th 2015, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Mario Kart DS (Wii U VC) 19654

Review: Mario Kart DS (Wii U VC) 87457210

Review: Mario Kart DS (Wii U VC) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
July 13th 2015, 9:50 pmKokorOtaku
Great review! Yeah I agree online and multiplayer should've been in, hopefully Nintendo does an update for VC games that used NWC soon
RyanNerdyGamer
July 14th 2015, 2:38 amRyanNerdyGamer
Mario Kart DS in the Wii U! Yeah!
It's here and it's just for you! Right!
32 courses, man, it's so rad!
So full of content you'll think it's mad!
Yes, my rap skills are pretty bad...
...um...
Lemme hear you say "tap-turning!"
Tap-turning!
"Tap-turning!"
Tap-turning!
...Mario Kart DS is back! WOO! victory
KIBAxHINATA
July 14th 2015, 11:22 amKIBAxHINATA
Mario Kart DS is my least favorite game in the series. I still enjoyed it, but the courses seemed bland compared to the other games.
ToughGamer
July 15th 2015, 2:46 pmToughGamer
Good review.
FM_Alchemist
July 15th 2015, 3:46 pmFM_Alchemist
I Couldn't agree more with this review! It's a great game, but no multiplayer is disappointing to say the least.
Tsubasa
July 23rd 2015, 6:07 pmTsubasa
Yet another awesome review! Very Happy
Kain
July 24th 2015, 6:41 pmKain
I wouldn't give this a 9/10 with the missing online and multiplayer. Still nice review I suppose. Smile
Ragnarok
August 4th 2015, 11:51 pmRagnarok
Great review man!
Otaku
October 16th 2015, 5:05 amOtaku
This was my first portable Mario Kart game, ah the memories! Very Happy
ShanaNoShakugan
October 17th 2015, 10:44 amShanaNoShakugan
Such nice review. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments