Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Gravity Bending Brainbusters!

Review: GravBlocks+ (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s17

There have been few puzzle titles on the Wii U eShop and even fewer have been worthwhile experiences, but is GravBlocks+ a worthy puzzler? Continue reading our review to find out!

GravBlocks+ is a match-three puzzle title with a twist. The game features arrow blocks that when matched alter gravity based on the direction of the arrow on the gravity blocks! There are some hazards and items such as bombs a color sweepers that clear all blocks of a certain color which can be helpful items for sure! The game features several modes including Story Mode and a Challenge Mode which have different rules and game flow, but overall the game's modes are quite fun! The controls are fairly straightforward and are easy to learn and the Off-TV-Play works flawlessly which is a very good thing!

Review: GravBlocks+ (Wii U eShop) 630x21

The game features an alien theme with animated aliens in the backgrounds which is a nice touch. Graphically besides the reasonably impressive backgrounds the visuals are quite simplistic which isn't a bad thing, though the music and sfx leave much to be desired. All-in-all the audio-visual presentation is a mixed bag with some aspects being good and others being mediocre.

Bottom-Line:

With solid gameplay, easy to learn controls, and decent yet simple visuals GravBlocks+ is a fairly enjoyable game that is better than most games of the puzzle genre that are currently available on the platform, though the lackluster audio does hold the game back a bit, but overall GravBlocks+ is a solid game that we recommend if you enjoy a good puzzler!

Price: $4.99

Score: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

Review: GravBlocks+ (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: GravBlocks+ (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: GravBlocks+ (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

FM_Alchemist
July 15th 2015, 3:54 pmFM_Alchemist
This sounds like it's better than I was expecting, but I'm still not sure if I'll download the game. Good review btw!
LizofDoom
August 4th 2015, 12:07 pmLizofDoom
FM_Alchemist wrote:This sounds like it's better than I was expecting, but I'm still not sure if I'll download the game. Good review btw!
Agreed, I'm not a big puzzle genre buff, though I am interested in Astral Breakers.
Anonymous
August 4th 2015, 6:53 pmGuest
Beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)