Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
bro2dragons
bro2dragons
Admin
Amiistudents of The Academy?!

Talking Point: New Art Academy to include amiibo functions? Screen10

So we saw in the "Micro Direct" this morning that the new Art Academy game will be coming west and is available for pre-purchase on the eShop for $30. (Hallelujah. I have less than zero artistic ability, so I NEED those lessons. I could do nothing with Sketchpad, as I'm hopeless without professional help.) The addition of 30 painting lessons and YouTube integration to upload timelapse videos aside, the announcement indicated that Art Academy: Home Studio would essentially be a slight expansion to the previously released Art Academy: Sketchpad.

If you go on the new eShop page for Art Academy: Home Studio, however, and scroll to the bottom, you may notice something that was not announced. Under "related software," you'll see a list of keywords associated with the game. As with others, it includes the game's genre, its publisher, and its developer, but it also includes the tag "amiibo." The "amiibo" tag brings up a list (it can also be found by simply searching the eshop for the word "amiibo") of all currently available games with known amiibo functions. AND it also brings up Art Academy: Home Studio at the very top of the list.

So what do you think? Is this an accident? A simple oversight? Or will we actually see amiibo functionality in the new Art Academy of all places? And what could the figures possibly do in such a game? Give traceable images of the characters or change the background music to something from that amiibo's series? What would you want to see?
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
I hope itll show you how to draw what amiibo you place on it
RyanNerdyGamer
Maybe this explains the extended delay...
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)