Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggetions to make the forum better

+15
Kenshin A-Go-Go
Marioman18
H_Bogart32
PhoenixSage
Amufungal
MrFiddlesticks
Sneaker
captainamerica
Link_i_am
Warlock in love
silksofsweden
KeAfan7
Staroceancrazy
KingreX32
ShounenMania
19 posters
Go down
ShounenMania
ShounenMania
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

suggetions to make the forum better  Empty Re: suggetions to make the forum better

June 27th 2011, 9:36 pm
It looks better,I like the colors more,but the overall layout and look of all the statistics still look too plain,for the first and too clutterry for how basic the info is that it gives,just like every other run of the mill v-bulletin forum,it needs to look more unique to break the standard mold and reach a level of popularity and amount of content as nintendolife,IGN,gamefaqs,and gamespot have let me give an example the largest video game site on forumution is gaming forum with under 600 members and about 75,000 messages over 2 years the largest v-bulletin video game site that isn't a clan site for a popular mmorpg has about 1000 members and under 100,000 posts compare that to
Gamefaqs
Over 10 million members over 100 million posts before they started deleting most of thier topics over a month or so old

Gamespot
over 10 million members over 2 million posts

IGN
Over 15 million members over 1.5 million posts

Nintendo life
Over 100,000 members over nearly 1 million posts over 10,000 articles and reviews over 12 million review comments

so it definitely shows that uniqueness is really the only sure fire way of seriously boosting your members,I know I'm not an admin or mod,but being an original member I really want to witness this site blossom into an extremely popular site victory

KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

suggetions to make the forum better  Empty Re: suggetions to make the forum better

June 27th 2011, 9:44 pm
not to be a stick in the mud but lets not forget (uniqueness aside) Nintendo,Gamespot and IGN are very ssuper popular websites that have been around for years and years.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

suggetions to make the forum better  Captaincanucksigcopy
ShounenMania
ShounenMania
Super Coinage!

June 27th 2011, 9:53 pm
I know but as an original member of gamefaqs way back in 1998 and an original member of nintendolife (which wasn't its name originally) those sites were 20-30x bigger than wiiwarewave is now in the matter of weeks so I'm fairly certain unless something is done this site will likely never pick up (though this new format and color scheme should draw a few more even if you didn't make any more changes) but as a person who loves watching ordinary people succeed in making a name for themselves I'd be sad if this site doesn't survive or just stagnates Sad

Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!

June 27th 2011, 10:26 pm
Jeez reply and post new topics pages loading ridiculously slow on my wii Neutral

That aside I like the new changes,but as dbz said it still doesn't have a good layout and we really need a review section instead of the strange review sections in the message boards,and I think you guys should add some sort of donation or contribution page so members could donate money or points whichever type of system forumotion uses that way you could upgrade our appalling amount of storage,I'd like to use the gallery and attach videos in topics,but that's impossible with only 0.12 megs of space,but of course if too many members come you'll need to add more space which I'd assume isn't free...

I'd like to see a news section where all site news and reviews are when they are first published and at least the last 8 of them listed I don't like the current latest review tab because it's not always accurate and sometimes I find a review long before it's listed on the latest reviews,the last thing I think would be cool is if a tiny pic of our avatars showed up on the recent topics list Very Happy

suggetions to make the forum better  Star_o10
Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!

June 27th 2011, 10:34 pm
Sorry for double posting but what happened to the page numbers in the forum,I can't read them because they're completely black Neutral

suggetions to make the forum better  Star_o10
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

suggetions to make the forum better  Empty ...........

June 27th 2011, 10:45 pm
Yeah I noticed that too,but don't you worry I'm sure it's KingreX32 working hard trying to make our site look better,he'll fix it when he notices it Wink

suggetions to make the forum better  19654

suggetions to make the forum better  87457210

suggetions to make the forum better  Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
silksofsweden
silksofsweden

suggetions to make the forum better  Empty suggetions to make the forum better

June 28th 2011, 12:44 am
all forums needs a suggetion section but for now lets make this post. anyone that has a suggetion pls post it. i might as well tell you all this. all the mods and admin are currently going to improve this site and it might be down for maintenance. when this is done it will be much better. anyway if you have any suggetion then post it so we can improve this forum. remember we doing this for you

my friends code:
super smash bros brawl = 2838-4154-7461
mario kart wii = 2622-9874-2387
mario striker super charged = 3010-2663-2823

suggetions to make the forum better  Silks_11
suggetions to make the forum better  Orihim10
suggetions to make the forum better  Navi
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

June 28th 2011, 1:07 am
Fixed sort of Laughing

Warlock in love
Warlock in love

June 28th 2011, 2:02 am
I'd like too see a actual review section,and more streamlined menus! this site's going to rock Smile

June 28th 2011, 2:23 pm
Nice changes but,I think the reviews need thier own area to make this site be more like a video game website instead of merely a forum Wink
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

June 28th 2011, 2:26 pm
were working on it

captainamerica
captainamerica

June 28th 2011, 2:55 pm
Much better,but we need a news page and reviews page Shocked
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

June 29th 2011, 4:34 am
The problem is that this IS a forum. Rukiafan doesn't have the money to have his own webspace and a Wii only brings even more restrictions. We did have forum and reviews seperated with the older site.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 29th 2011, 12:24 pm
Sneaker is absolutely right guys,we aim to please our members,but some of your complaints are making this relatively new site owner scramble and panic to try to figure out what to do,sure it's possible to create html pages that would turn this site into a site that isn't just a forum,but the coding required is crazy difficult to implement that the only one of us here who could do it would be sneaker,and I doubt he could do it alone,I'm not saying we won't try to figure something out just don't put too much pressure on our staff.....

I mean look at how I jumped at the chance to merge with another site,sure we'd get more members,but would we even still be wiiwarewave Question

You guys just need to be patient and we'll start to get tons of members in no time Wink

I do think we should be able to figure out how to move reviews on the top of the console sub categories Wink

@sneaker I officially dub you our webmaster all widgets page designs and site alterations are in your hands,and I trust your judgement so I'll leave whatever changes you implement from now on Wink

KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

June 29th 2011, 1:00 pm
Congrats Sneaker WHOOo!!!!

MrFiddlesticks
MrFiddlesticks

June 29th 2011, 1:04 pm
Congratulations and salutations sneaker.
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!

June 29th 2011, 2:01 pm
Congratulations sneaker Smile

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
PhoenixSage
PhoenixSage

June 29th 2011, 2:12 pm
Its fine for now,and if it gets too big or popular to contain on this forum,I believe I've seen forumotion boards merged on some websites before so it shouldn't be a problem? but I'm no expert D:
H_Bogart32
H_Bogart32
Admin

June 29th 2011, 2:34 pm
It looks a good sight better,however the reviews should not be at the bottom of the forum sections
another thing why is the calendar button blank Question
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 29th 2011, 2:41 pm
Wohoo Congratulations your last message was a milestone post.........
H_Bogart32 Congrats on posting message #2000 on our forums victory

KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin

June 29th 2011, 3:28 pm
H_Bogart32 wrote:It looks a good sight better,however the reviews should not be at the bottom of the forum sections
another thing why is the calendar button blank Question

I already discussed that with Rukiafan. Thats some thing Sneaker is gonna have to change.

Marioman18
Marioman18

June 29th 2011, 3:30 pm
The site is looking much better Wink

suggetions to make the forum better  Pbucket
Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

June 29th 2011, 4:35 pm
Don't be to excited guys, I'm only the boss of the widgets Wink. Couldn't combine being a full webmaster with my other site.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 29th 2011, 6:10 pm
Don't sweat it Wink
I hereby dub thee our Widget Master Wink

Sneaker
Sneaker
Admin

June 29th 2011, 6:23 pm
Very Happy

BTW, where does BG stands for? Because those icons look pretty bad.
Kenshin A-Go-Go
Kenshin A-Go-Go

June 29th 2011, 6:31 pm
The site looks awesome guys!
I noticed one odd thing though in the forums on topics with multiple pages those page select icons are black and blank Neutral

the forum itself looks good the colors are awesome,But I could do without all that info at the bottom of the forum,I like it but it's such a common thing on v-bulletin boards.....maybe the site could have a small tab that shows who's online and have it scroll only showing 3-4 members at a time!

also I agree with the poster that said that a tiny pic of our avatar would look cool on the latest topic tab
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 29th 2011, 6:34 pm
It was a part of the hitskins skin please change it I hate it too xD

ShounenMania
ShounenMania
Super Coinage!

July 2nd 2011, 6:32 pm
I think it would be cool if a tiny version of our avatar was displayed in that recent topics bar I also don't like the way the stats are listed at the forum home,they just look to blah.....I think it would look better if it was redone completely,any changes would make this site look distinguished from other forumotion/v-bulletin websites victory

Cloud_Strife
Cloud_Strife
Modcop

July 2nd 2011, 6:44 pm
DBZmania wrote:I think it would be cool if a tiny version of our avatar was displayed in that recent topics bar I also don't like the way the stats are listed at the forum home,they just look to blah.....I think it would look better if it was redone completely,any changes would make this site look distinguished from other forumotion/v-bulletin websites victory
I agree.....it would make this site look not only better if done in a good way,but would also make wiiwarewave not look like a cookie cutter forumotion forum Very Happy

Admin

July 2nd 2011, 6:52 pm
Again, this is a forum made with the forumotion software. So some things are impossible to do. So a no go on the little images in the latest topic (it's widget without much options) and there is not much that can be done about the statistics (unless Rukiafan has more rights for this one). Not sure why that need to be changed though. It gives the most important information and it's very clear what everything means.
FuManchu
FuManchu

July 13th 2011, 12:48 am
this site needs some sort of seperate news articles page that isn't limited by forumotion,and yes that's possible so long as you find a proper widget at any site that hosts copy/paste widgets Wink

suggetions to make the forum better  Opb10
SKTTR
SKTTR
Admin

October 6th 2011, 3:40 pm
I would take the Chat-button from the bottom of the forum and put it to the other buttons at the top.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

October 6th 2011, 3:49 pm
That's a good idea SKTTR, as nobody ever checks that thing for activity as it is.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)