Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Loyal A.I!

Review: The Fall (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_126

The Fall hasn't received alot of press coverage or hype from fans when it was announced for the Wii U awhile back, but that doesn't mean that this game isn't an amazing title! Continue reading our review of this amazing title to find out why we think The Fall is an underrated and underhyped Wii U eshop title!

The Fall is an unusual Metroidvania platformer that features a story focused on an A.I. created to protect its master who has been seriously injured on an unknown planet and focuses more on puzzle solving rather than action oriented gameplay! Developed and published by Over The Moon Games this game actually has a touching story for a platformer and its gameplay has a distinct feeling of urgency and eeriness!

You basically must find your way off of an alien world as an A.I. of a military space suit while trying to keep your master alive, but early in the game you will have to be both careful and cunning to survive as you start off with no weapons or items and as you obtain new items you can solve issues that were impossible to bypass early in the game.

Review: The Fall (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_127

Even when you do obtain a weapon and face enemies you almost always are urged to flee or use the environment to your advantage as opposed to flat out defeating the enemy by force which is not only challenging, but is done in a way that doesn't feel boring! The controls in the game are easy to learn and the Off-TV play is an enjoyable feature of the game!

The graphics look gorgeous while at the same time they are quite simplistic with the silhouette backgrounds and characters with subtle coloring and impressive lighting effects. The only negative that we can think of is the fact that the game does suffer from noticeable frame-rate issues which is unfortunate, however it's not bad enough to affect gameplay or to ruin the atmospheric feel of the game, but it is enough to hold this game back from receiving a perfect score.

The audio is very atmospheric and fits the game extremely well and sometimes is rather eerie in nature. There isn't much in the way of music, but surprisingly that adds to the eerie nature of this amazing game!

Review: The Fall (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_128

Bottom-Line:

With unique gameplay that's not only challenging, but is enjoyable as well, while possessing intuitive controls, an excellent story, and a terrific audio-visual atmosphere The Fall is a highly impressive title that we recommend to any Wii U owner, however frame-rate issues prevent this game from receiving a perfect score.

Price: $9.99

Score:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

Review: The Fall (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: The Fall (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: The Fall (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
August 30th 2014, 12:52 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live! Wink
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
August 31st 2014, 1:23 amRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Incredible review Rukiafan!
Clαππαd
August 31st 2014, 1:03 pmClαππαd
Nice review boss!
This game has a wonderful story, but I thought that the game could have done a better job letting players know what to do next because I couldn't understand what I had to do next at several key points during the game.
I still think that it's a wonderful game though, but I would have given it an 8/10. Smile
Inuyasha4z2
August 31st 2014, 11:41 pmInuyasha4z2
Great review!
Tech101
September 1st 2014, 4:44 amTech101
I just noticed this the other day. It's definitely on my radar now!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 1st 2014, 11:05 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Tech101 wrote:I just noticed this the other day. It's definitely on my radar now!
This review has convinced me to download this game and I don't regret my decision lol. Smile
Tio-Tot
September 2nd 2014, 8:43 pmTio-Tot
I liked this game, but it is much too short.
Kain
September 6th 2014, 3:07 pmKain
I hope they fix the hard locking. If they do I'd be very interested in this game.
Haseo
September 7th 2014, 1:03 amHaseo
Excellent review, but I disagree with the score because the game is way too short.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 7th 2014, 7:00 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Haseo wrote:Excellent review, but I disagree with the score because the game is way too short.
It's not like this game is five minutes in length like another recent title released on the Wii U eshop lol. Rolling Eyes
SKTTR
September 8th 2014, 8:42 pmSKTTR
So intrigued by this. Will pick it up day one. If it ever arrives in Europe.
KeAfan7
September 9th 2014, 11:52 amKeAfan7
Xiao Pai wrote:
Tech101 wrote:I just noticed this the other day. It's definitely on my radar now!
This review has convinced me to download this game and I don't regret my decision lol. Smile
You have a North American imported Wii U?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)