Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Future of Shovelry!

Exclusive Interview Short: Ian Flood From Yacht Club Games Talks More About Future Shovel Knight DLC 630x19

We recently asked Ian Flood from Yacht Club games if he could talk a little bit more about the future dlc that will be headed to Shovel Knight over the course of the immediate future during a quickie one on one interview and he delivered with some interesting information regarding the dlc!

Here is our conversation in our first Exclusive Interview Short:
Rukiafan wrote:Hello! We were wondering if you'd be able to talk a bit about
your upcoming Shovel Knight dlc with us?

Ian Flood wrote:Absolutely, let me see if I can help answer these questions.

We have a lot of exciting stuff lined up for Shovel Knight in the form of future updates! While the initial release focused on Shovel Knight's adventure, we'll be adding new takes to the game with playable Specter Knight, Plague Knight, and King Knight campaigns. Players looking to hone their skills can look to master Challenge Mode and those looking for a little more live competition can take to Battle Mode!

These updates will be making their way to all platforms in the form of free updates. The only exception right now is Battle Mode will not arrive on 3DS as it will be single system, local multiplayer only at this point in development. We're hoping to introduce these new features over the next year or so, but we don't have an exact time frame yet as we still need to do a lot of major planning!

Are you looking forward to this upcoming dlc for Shovel Knight? And are you disappointed that the 3DS version will not be receiving the multiplayer battle mode? Let us know in our comments below!

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 29th 2014, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Exclusive Interview Short: Ian Flood From Yacht Club Games Talks More About Future Shovel Knight DLC 19654

Exclusive Interview Short: Ian Flood From Yacht Club Games Talks More About Future Shovel Knight DLC 87457210

Exclusive Interview Short: Ian Flood From Yacht Club Games Talks More About Future Shovel Knight DLC Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

ShounenMania
It sucks that the 3DS battle mode isn't going to have online, otherwise the dlc is going to rock! Exclusive Interview Short: Ian Flood From Yacht Club Games Talks More About Future Shovel Knight DLC 631737971
ShanaNoShakugan
Such nice interview. Smile
When is game release in Japan?
Ms_Kinomoto
Um...nice interview Rukiafan Smile
Elza
I can't wait to try out the new campaigns! Smile
Aqua Cherry Blossom
I shouldn't be surprised, but the lack of network multiplayer for the 3DS port of the game is a little upsetting lol. Sad
NINTENBRO
I don't know what everyone else is reading, but I see now indication of there being an online Battle Mode for the WiiU version. Question
KeAfan7
That was my fault, many apologies! Wink
ToughGamer
Good interview. A year is a long wait for the dlc, but at least we already have this game here in NA.
Navi
This is how every company should handle dlc!
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)