Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Getting Geometric!

Review: GEOM (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s37

Intro And Gameplay:

Geom is a Puzzle title developed by Pablo Millan a one-man indie developer who just recently became an official Wii U developer! His first game Geom is a puzzler title that focuses on scoring big in each of the three modes of play which all have different rules and ways to score! The gameplay itself is easy to learn, but difficult to master as scoring big will test your brain in a big way. Of the three modes the first is by far the easiest because you can move tiles anywhere you want before matching them, while mode two requires you to clear specific shapes that are shown in the top-left corner of the screen, and mode three has a similar concept as two, but the blocks scroll vertically making it difficult to match the shapes.

Review: GEOM (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s38

Controls, Graphics, And Sound:

The touch screen controls are a perfect fit for a game such as this one and they're quite smooth and easy to learn, while the Off-TV Play is a nice touch! The graphics are simplistic as they should be in a title like this, but the blocks and background also have so much depth that it almost feels like a 3DS game with the stereoscopic 3D turned on! The music and sound effects are also fairly simplistic, which is good for titles that force you to use your concentration to score big!

Review: GEOM (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_s39

Bottom-Line:

If you're a fan of the puzzle genre the superb gameplay and several challenging game modes you will likely enjoy this title, while the solid touch screen controls and simplistic graphics and music will allow you to concentrate on the game without being distracted, all in all Geom is a great game that is well worth its almost non-existent price!

Score: 8/10

Review: GEOM (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: GEOM (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: GEOM (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
June 16th 2014, 12:31 pmKeAfan7
This review is now live. Wink
Kain
June 16th 2014, 12:40 pmKain
You're the first to review this game. Nice review!
Amufungal
June 16th 2014, 1:28 pmAmufungal
Nice review Rukiafan Smile
ToughGamer
June 16th 2014, 6:01 pmToughGamer
Good review.
SKTTR
June 17th 2014, 6:27 amSKTTR
"well worth its almost non-existent price!"

What's the price of the game then?
And when will it be released?

Who decided to drop the info boxes in reviews?
KeAfan7
June 17th 2014, 12:07 pmKeAfan7
@SKTTR it's just 0.99¢ and releases in North America on June 19th. Secondly I was the one doing the info boxes in the reviews, however I no longer have a working PC so I can't use the graphical software required to create them...Neutral

If I can find a new graphics designer we'll be able to use the new reviews style again, but right now it's impossible for me to do so with just the Wii U browser. Neutral
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 17th 2014, 4:42 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
$0.99 is cheap for a game that has been given a score of 8/10 lol. Surprised
FM_Alchemist
June 21st 2014, 2:20 pmFM_Alchemist
The score is way too high in my opinion. I would give this a 6/10.
Staroceancrazy
June 21st 2014, 8:29 pmStaroceancrazy
This^
Tsubasa
June 22nd 2014, 1:09 amTsubasa
This game looks fun!
KeAfan7
June 22nd 2014, 11:19 amKeAfan7
FM_Alchemist wrote:The score is way too high in my opinion. I would give this a 6/10.
The reason for this is because the game is under a buck. It might not have much replay value and certainly isn't loaded with features, but the content it does have is very fun during short bursts of play so I feel that the game is superb and well worth its price-point hence my high level of recommendation for this game. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)