Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FuManchu
FuManchu
Freeway Disaster Narrowly Avoided

photo 218_zps43cc5cb1.jpg

Jellycar 2 was initially a free mobile app, but was later ported to the WiiWare service with additional content. Almost immediately you'll notice that the gameplay is very shallow and still feels like a free mobile game. The levels are basic and boring and the pace of the gameplay will put any grown-up gamer to sleep.

Don't expect it to get much better in the more complex levels either because it just doesn't as Jellycar 2 was clearly geared towards a very young audience, but even young children will get bored of the main gameplay mode quickly.

photo 220_zps942bef0a.png

Luckily the other mode is much more enjoyable as it requires you to drop shaped blocks in the correct chute and managed to hold my attention for a good half an hour making it reasonably fun.

If it weren't for the puzzle mode in Jellycar 2 I would dismiss it to the shovelware graveyard, however with it the game becomes at least somewhat worth considering.

Visually the game looks awful and the music, well let's just say that it's even worse that the graphics. As a whole the games' presentation looks like what you'd expect from a free mobile game, but it should have been enhanced for the "paid" WiiWare port of the game.

photo 219_zps92ebe5b9.png

Final Verdict: Jellycar 2 is a mostly disappointing game that fails in both gameplay and presentation and is just not worth its price, however the surprisingly enjoyable puzzle mode saves this title from being banished to the shovelware graveyard. I still only give Jellycar 2 a neutral recommendation.

Review Score: 5/10

Review: Jellycar 2 (WiiWare) Opb10
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

LizofDoom
January 18th 2014, 12:29 pmLizofDoom
I'll pass.
PhoenixSage
January 19th 2014, 1:24 pmPhoenixSage
This sounds really boring. D:
Anonymous
January 19th 2014, 1:45 pmGuest
PhoenixSage wrote:This sounds really boring. D:
I know it does. Sad
ZezHylia
January 19th 2014, 2:00 pmZezHylia
I third that it looks awful. D:
NINTENBRO
January 19th 2014, 5:36 pmNINTENBRO
Moto Heroz is the only good physics racer/platformer available in the WiiShop. It's sad that the in-game DLC shop never received any content, because the sales were so horrible. Moto Heroz really is worth $15 USD.
KIBAxHINATA
January 23rd 2014, 1:22 pmKIBAxHINATA
NINTENBRO82 wrote:Moto Heroz is the only good physics racer/platformer available in the WiiShop. It's sad that the in-game DLC shop never received any content, because the sales were so horrible. Moto Heroz really is worth $15 USD.
This is 100% true.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)