Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clαππαd
Clαππαd
Dangerous cubes

photo 199_zpsb38e802c.jpg

Aya And The Cubes of Life is a platformer that was released on the WiiWare service in 2012 by Object Vision Software. Aya And The Cubes of Light features both 2D and 3D platforming and is only held back by awful floaty controls. Aya has many cube like levels with traps and enemies that are very creative and fun to play. The levels look beautiful and so do the enemies and characters I was surprised by what Object Vision Software managed to accomplish with the WiiWares' 40 MB cap!

I also really enjoyed the futuristic music and sounds in Aya And The Cubes of Light, but the game didn't impress me nearly as much in this regard as the games' visual style did.

photo 201_zps81da7e83.jpg

The biggest issue that I have with Aya And The Cubes of Light is the floaty and unresponsive controls which make it so hard to avoid traps and enemies making it a source of unnecessary frustration. The camera also does not help as it will sometimes be facing in a direction that does not allow you to see where you are supposed to go.

There are so many things that Aya And The Cubes of Light does right that I still recommend it to anyone that enjoys the puzzle genre, but Aya can be a source of frustration with lousy controls and poor camera displays.

Aya And The Cubes of Light for the WiiWare service earns a score of 7/10

Comments

Aqua Cherry Blossom
December 13th 2013, 1:26 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Ragnarok
December 13th 2013, 2:04 pmRagnarok
I liked this game, but I agree that the controls are very annoying. Terrific review FTW!
RWBY_Red
December 13th 2013, 2:18 pmRWBY_Red
The controls are the reason why I never got into this game or finished it. Sad
Link_i_am
December 13th 2013, 2:26 pmLink_i_am
I'm sorry that I haven't visited in over a year, but I'm back now! The review was great @Clαππαd
NINTENBRO
December 13th 2013, 2:34 pmNINTENBRO
I'd give this game the same score. I don't think it's a matter of the controls being unresponsive as much as it is the floaty physics that make the game frustrating at times. Once you're more familiar with the game's physic's, it does become easier to control AYA. The camera angles can be tricky at times, and so are the puzzles.
Anonymous
December 15th 2013, 1:16 pmGuest
Beautiful review! I love you
This is such a hard game, but I think that makes the game even more enjoyable! I love you
KeAfan7
December 16th 2013, 8:06 pmKeAfan7
I never did end up finishing this game. Perhaps I will return to it and finish the game someday. Wink
DigiDestined
December 16th 2013, 8:15 pmDigiDestined
Nice review. =)
Staroceancrazy
December 16th 2013, 9:25 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review just wish I could get into this game, but it's so frustrating No
Himawari Chan
December 17th 2013, 11:51 amHimawari Chan
I beat this fun game a long time ago. Smile
Trinity33
December 18th 2013, 1:06 pmTrinity33
I heard that the controls in this game were quite bad so I decided to pass on this game.
KIBAxHINATA
December 19th 2013, 12:22 pmKIBAxHINATA
This is one of many games that I still need to beat, but don't have the time to accomplish the task. Neutral
NINTENBRO
January 1st 2014, 3:33 pmNINTENBRO
Trinity33 wrote:I heard that the controls in this game were quite bad so I decided to pass on this game.

The physics of this game take sometime to get used to, but the controls are manageable. There's definitely a strong learning curve, though.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)