Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FuManchu
FuManchu
Oh Deer

photo 186_zpsc2f4678f.jpg

Deer Drive Legends was originally released as a retail Wii game in 2012 and was recently ported to the WiiWare service in November 2013 and it has some redeeming qualities. Deer Drive Legends limits you to only stand in one spot while allowing you to rotate 180 degrees to shoot target species. If you shoot the wrong animals you'll lose points and some animals you need to tag, not kill. You have several different guns at your disposal, but usually only 2-3 of them are available during a given level.

Most animals will attack you if you don't shoot them before they reach you including species you aren't supposed to shoot further complicating things. You may also find items after killing some animals and these items can be collected by shooting them. The controls are good when using the Wiimote plus Nunchuk or the Wii Zapper attachments, but using the Wiimote alone is a very frustrating control option that I would suggest avoiding.

photo 184_zpsd995abe2.jpg

The normal levels are boring as can be there's no denying that, but the boss battles against the mighty T-Rex and Sabretooth Tiger are much more entertaining and save this game from being considered shovelware.

On the visual side of things Deer Drive Legends has fairly decent graphics for a WiiWare game with good animations and detailed animal models, but the various levels do suffer from some extremely bad pixelation and jaggies. The sound effects are low quality with scratchy sounding roars, gunfire, etcetera. The music is also underwhelming further adding to the negative aspects of Deer Drive Legends.

photo 187_zps4b0e1685.jpg

The final verdict I have for Deer Drive Legends is that it has mediocre gameplay, okay visuals, and an underwhelming soundtrack with poor quality SFX that make the game a mostly disappointing experience. On the other hand the boss hunts are amazing and the controls are very functional which saves this game from being slapped with the dreaded shovelware label. This might be worth considering if you like hunting games and don't mind the games' many flaws.

Review Score: 6/10

Review: Deer Drive Legends (WiiWare) Opb10
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
December 3rd 2013, 12:31 pmKeAfan7
Great first review and welcome to our team! Wink
Tsubasa
December 3rd 2013, 1:05 pmTsubasa
This review is right about everything about Deer Drive Legends! Very Happy
Aqua Cherry Blossom
December 3rd 2013, 1:20 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
I have no interest in hunting games lol, but nice review. Smile
Clαππαd
December 4th 2013, 12:37 pmClαππαd
This game might have turned out better than expected, but I feel bad that you'll be stuck reviewing Fireplacing. Shocked 
Nice review. Smile
RWBY_Red
December 4th 2013, 1:05 pmRWBY_Red
A 6/10? I'm surprised that this isn't a terrible game. Surprised
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
December 4th 2013, 1:18 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Natsume wrote:A 6/10? I'm surprised that this isn't a terrible game. Surprised
I was thinking the same thing! Surprised
Elza
December 5th 2013, 12:06 pmElza
Congratulations your first review has turned out very good! Smile
FM_Alchemist
December 5th 2013, 2:06 pmFM_Alchemist
Elza wrote:Congratulations your first review has turned out very good! Smile
If this is your first official review anywhere then you are destined for greatness, if not you're still a good reviewer!

I don't understand how the game can be so meh in most aspects, but can be amazing in others. If the developer had spent just a little more time making this game it could have been so much better. That's just my two cents on this matter.
Kain
December 12th 2013, 12:41 pmKain
I thought this would be worse than a 6, but I still won't get this. Razz
Navi
December 12th 2013, 1:02 pmNavi
This game isn't poopiedoopie?! Surprised
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)