Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Questions Answered And New IP's Confirmed!

Developer's Interview: Our Discussion With Collin van Ginkel From Two Tribes Games! DVICollinvanGinkel_zpsf71626ec

We had the pleasant opportunity to talk directly to Collin van Ginkel, who is one of the co-founders of the indie video game development studio Two Tribes Games and he kindly answered our questions that we asked him and talked a little about an upcoming project so without further delay, here is our interview!

photo 147_zpsd29d59d7.jpg

Hello Collin, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to take
part in this interview!

[CVG]: No problem!

[Q]: How successful have your games been on Nintendo platforms?

[CVG]: Each game performs differently. Overall we haven't had any super hits, but judging from our support recently you can deduct that it's important for us to stay active on the platform.

[Q]: Do you feel that the current Nintendo digital platforms have been
improved from last generation's Wii Shop and DSiware Shop?

[CVG]: That's a rhetorical question, right? It's been immensely improved. They addressed almost every single complaint we made during the WiiWare days, it truly is a world of difference.

[Q]: Are there any new projects besides the HD Classics that will be
headed to the Wii U eshop over the next year?

[CVG]: We're working on a 2D shoot 'm up concept that may become our next project. If it does, chances are it will launch on Wii U too. But it's too early to tell at this point.

photo 148_zps519b0d55.jpg

[Q]: Do you have any new IP's in the works that could come to the Wii U
or 3DS eshops in the future?

[CVG]: See answer above.

[Q]: How large was your development team that worked on Toki Tori 2?

[CVG]: The core team was about 10 people, and we outsourced the audio to Sonic Picnic, who worked on it with four people too. It's the biggest production we've ever done!

[Q]: You folks seem to prefer making games that require serious thought
and have tricky puzzles, but is there any chance that you might make a
traditional platformer or action/adventure game sometime in the future
to change things up a bit?

[CVG]: The fact that we're going for a 2D shoot 'm up next, is indicative of how we feel about puzzle games at the moment. We've done it for so long, and we're pretty decent at it, but it's time for a change. I hope people will still feel it's a true Two Tribes game, even though it's a different genre than they're used from us.

photo 141_zps73de2902.jpg

[Q]: What was the game that most inspired you and your team to create
the Toki Tori series?

[CVG]: In the 90's there were many games that revolved around puzzle solving. Examples such as Lemmings (Amiga) and King's Valley 2 (MSX 2) are direct influences, but basically the whole era was inspiring.

Thanks for answering our questions, we enjoyed this interview and we
hope to have the chance to do this again sometime!

[CVG]: Sure Smile

Have a great day!

[CVG]: Bye!

photo 147_zpsd29d59d7.jpg

So are you excited about Two Tribes' possible upcoming IP and what did you think about our interview with Collin van Ginkel? Let us know in our comments!

Developer's Interview: Our Discussion With Collin van Ginkel From Two Tribes Games! 19654

Developer's Interview: Our Discussion With Collin van Ginkel From Two Tribes Games! 87457210

Developer's Interview: Our Discussion With Collin van Ginkel From Two Tribes Games! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Clαππαd
Nice interview boss! Smile
I fixed a mistake in your article.
Amufungal
Two Tribes is such a good company and I can not wait to see what they shall release next Smile
SKTTR
Love them on Wii U. Toki Tori 1&2 are amazing. I will definately get their other puzzle games RUSH and EDGE, and their new shooter when they hit Wii U. A shame I didn't get to know them earlier. Not having Toki Tori and Rubik's Puzzle Galaxy RUSH on WiiWare now feels like I seriously missed something. Collection incomplete! Razz
SuperVash
Two Tribes is awesome and I hope their shooter game makes it past alpha because I'm sure it'll be a fantastic game!
FuManchu
This interview is a great example of a top tier exclusive article! WiiWareWave needs more content like this!
Himawari Chan
Nice interview! I love Two Tribes. Smile
Elza
WiiWareWave and Two Tribes know how to make a fantastic interview! Smile
Aqua Cherry Blossom
This is such a good exclusive interview lol. Smile
I look forward to Two Tribes' new IP!
Inoue79
I really enjoyed reading this interview! You were amazing @Rukiafan! Smile
Warlock in love
Awesome interview!
Staroceancrazy
This feature is awesome Rukiafan Very Happy
ToughGamer
Good feature.
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
Two Tribes are amazing game developers and I look forward to whatever they will release next on the Wii U!
ShounenMania
WiiWareWave needs more features like this interview because this is what people like to read! Developer's Interview: Our Discussion With Collin van Ginkel From Two Tribes Games! 631737971
Golden Freiza
This is a sweet interview dude!
Megatron2000
I enjoyed reading this superb interview you did a fine job @Rukiafan! Megatron Happy
ShanaNoShakugan
Two Tribes are best Wii U indie developer I love games! Smile
Fox_McCloud
Two Tribes need to follow through on shmup idea the eshop need more game in the genre. Nice article overall. Developer's Interview: Our Discussion With Collin van Ginkel From Two Tribes Games! 631737971
KIBAxHINATA
Two Tribes is simply an amazing indie developer. Very Happy
Trinity33
Good interview.
Kenshin A-Go-Go
Great feature dude! I want to hear more about the shooting game Two Tribes is working on!
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)