Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written By KingreX32

WiiU Spring Updates Go Live Today. WiiUUpdates_zps284cb7b5

As promised back in 2013s first Nintendo Direct, The WiiU Spring System Update is finally here. In addition to reducing load times between applications and returning to the WiiU menu a few other functions have been added.

- You now can install games and applications from the eShop in the background while other software is being used. (Similar to an announced PS4 feature back in February)

- You can now go directly to the Wii menu by holding down the B button on the GamePad.

- When you turn the system off during a download, it will automatically go into standby mode until the download is complete, The system will then power off.

- You can now transfer and copy data between two USB storage devices in the Data Management settings.

- You can now decide the priority of downloads when downloading multiple items at once.

- Nintendo Network IDs are now displayed when powering on the system to improve the account selection process.

- TV screen size output can now be adjusted in System Settings.

- An Undo/Redo button was added to the Miiverse drawing input screen.

The spring update wasn't the only thing Nintendo released today either; the WiiU Virtual Console (also announced in the January Nintendo Direct) also went live, with eight games in its library. They games are Balloon Fight (NES) Excitebike (NES) F-Zero (SNES) Donkey Kong, Jr. (NES), Punch-Out!! (NES), Kirby’s Adventure (NES), Ice Climber (NES), Super Mario World (SNES). All games are enhanced for the WiiU and include off TV Play, customizable controls, restore points, and Miiverse Support. If you already own the game, you can pay a dollar (NES) or a Dollar fifty (SNES) to upgrade to the enhanced version.

Source(s)
IGN, and Engadget.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

WiiU Spring Updates Go Live Today. Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Chickgoboom
April 26th 2013, 5:44 pmChickgoboom
I already updated my Wii U Very Happy
KokorOtaku
April 26th 2013, 6:44 pmKokorOtaku
I'm just wondering what VC will come within the next few months, I can wait to update
KingreX32
April 26th 2013, 9:46 pmKingreX32
well the load times have definitely improved.
Amufungal
April 27th 2013, 2:17 pmAmufungal
Is the Wii U virtual console service available yet?
DigiDestined
April 28th 2013, 1:57 pmDigiDestined
The loading times are so much better now. Smile
PhoenixSage
April 28th 2013, 2:13 pmPhoenixSage
The Wii U is much more enjoyable now, but I hope the hardware sees a design fix next so people wont have to send their Wii U in for repairs every few weeks. Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)