Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
All Good Things Must Come To An End!

Rumormill: DSiWare Shop To Be Shut-Down By The End of This Year! Dsiwar10

There are new rumors circulating around the web and one in particular has caught our attention, according to this new rumor the DSiWare service will be shut-down by the end of the year. Which will be the first time that Nintendo will have shut-down one of their online shops.

There are also rumors stating that Mariokart DS, and all DS Pokemon games will lose their online connectivity by February 2014 so if you want every Pokemon Black and White 2 Pokemon you might have to do so by early next year. What are your thoughts about these rumors? Let us know in our comments!

Rumormill: DSiWare Shop To Be Shut-Down By The End of This Year! 19654

Rumormill: DSiWare Shop To Be Shut-Down By The End of This Year! 87457210

Rumormill: DSiWare Shop To Be Shut-Down By The End of This Year! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
Hmmm... This rumor seems a little fraudulent to me. Especially since the WiiShop wasn't mentioned in this rumor. Why would Nintendo keep the WiiShop up and running on the WiiU, but not keep the DSiWare shop accessible on the 3DS eShop? Either way, this wouldn't affect me in anyway. I'm just saying.
Anonymous
These are just rumors, however the Wii Shop has a larger install base than the DSiware service does.
ToughGamer
Are you from Nintendo?
Anonymous
More bad news. Sad
Staroceancrazy
This would bite big time
Amufungal
I hope this is not true Sad
KokorOtaku
The only reason I'd want this to happen is if they do it in favore of 3DS, what I mean is.... Make an update to use those DS games work with the NN, which would be great news, unless you don't have a 3DS, in which case to quote Reggie. "What's wrong with you?"
KingreX32
I actually hate that quote, as my budget right now and for the foreseeable future dosent allow me to purchase another system.
NINTENBRO
Once I've got everything settled and my situation straight, we can talk about me helping you get yourself a 3DS of your own KingreX32. Your a really good guy, and the type that truthfully deserves a helping hand. I know that most people, if any, wouldn't do the same for me, but that's why I'd want to. Very Happy
KingreX32
Thanks man. Your a great guy. Helping out a total stranger.
NINTENBRO
Canada is considered part of the North American region, isn't it? So if I sent you a 3DS through the postal system, it would be compatible with any videogames that are localized in Canada, right?
KingreX32
Yeah. Canada+America=North America my Copy of Black ops is from the States. LOL.
Sneaker
I don't have a DSi, but I assume that the DSiWare games will still be available in the eShop. They still release new games almost weekly so I guess that they will just merge it completely with the eShop. I don't know if that could be implemented on the DSi.

About losing the DS online play. It's logical. With the introduction of the 3DS, the online DS games will be pretty quiet. On the other hand, it's Nintendo's own fault. Only allowing WEP instead of the current WPA is a pretty big fail in my eyes. I would love to play a lot of DS games online, but I'm not lowering my security settings.
KingreX32
Did they change the setting on the 3DS.
FM_Alchemist
I agree with Sneaker about the lack of security.
Sneaker
The old DS only support online with WEP encryptie. And while the world moved on to WPA, the DS games stayed on WEP and weren't playable with WPA encryption. That's why I was so disappointed that on the 3DS the old DS games still weren't playable online (only WEP) while the 3DS itself does support WPA.
KingreX32
Sneaker wrote:The old DS only support online with WEP encryptie. And while the world moved on to WPA, the DS games stayed on WEP and weren't playable with WPA encryption. That's why I was so disappointed that on the 3DS the old DS games still weren't playable online (only WEP) while the 3DS itself does support WPA.

Well what can you do, I still got a Old DS, and this kinda makes me glad I didnt buy a 3DS.
Sneaker
I also still have my old grey DS. The DS only supports WEP encryption online. Problem is that your modem/router is probably WPA encrypted, which is a lot more safer then the older WEP but makes it unusable with the DS. It's a shame Nintendo never updated this. I hope someday a patch will come out on the 3DS play my DS games online again without going backwards on my internet security.
Staroceancrazy
When did the about the author block get added?
WiiWareLife anybody? Very Happy
KeAfan7
I just added it, but more visual and fundamental tweaks need to be done to make it perfect. Lol, how'd you know that I got the idea for the about author module from NL? scratch
NINTENBRO
Rukiafan, are we allowed & able to add upon what is already existing?
KeAfan7
I didn't copy it from them, it was coded by someone at avacweb for us, but the coding is different so it's okay, if it weren't most sites would be shut-down already. Wink
NINTENBRO
No, Rukiafan. I meant are we (the staff members) allowed & able to add upon the information in our author block's? Laughing

Last edited by Nintenbro on February 17th 2013, 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
KeAfan7
I could add a description that you create yourself, but I'd have to paste it to the block myself. Wink
NINTENBRO
Alright, sounds good to me. Rumormill: DSiWare Shop To Be Shut-Down By The End of This Year! 631737971
Amufungal
The blogs keep looking more and more fancy Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)