Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
The Best of The Best!

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Top5banner

These are my top picks for the WiiWare service and doesn't necessarily represent what most people's favorites are! Anyways here is my Top 5 list!

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Sonic4Logo-1

#5: Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Part I

This was an extremely fun throwback of the SEGA Genesis Sonic The Hedgehog games, but had its share of flaws including shoddy spindash physics and levels that were to similar to those seen in earlier Sonic The Hedgehog games, but ultimately the final nail in the coffin and the reason this game is only 5th is that part II was cancelled and therefore the game is incomplete.

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Escapevektortitle

#4: escapeVektor

This game is one of the best action/arcade games on WiiWare and has amazing yet simple graphics, an awesome soundtrack, and a brilliant story coupled with rather retro gameplay that came together beautifully, but just as Sonic The Hedgehog 4, the sequels of escapeVektor were cancelled for the service leaving some of the bonus levels and achievements permanently un-obtainable which is the only reason why this game didn't make the top 3.

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Theafteryears_logo

#3: Final Fantasy IV The After Years

This sequel to the extremely famous Final Fantasy II (SNES) which is actually the fourth entry in the series earns its place on this list because it manages to take one of the best games ever created and improves upon it in every conceivable way, however at an incredible $37 for the entire game it's by far the costliest single game on the list!

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Bit-trip-logo-plain

#2: Bit Trip Series

The Bit-Trip saga is an incredible one that traverses multiple genres and is extremely nostalgic for those who played games on the old atari consoles, but make no mistake these games are decidedly modern where it counts! Hats off to Gaijin who created this masterpiece of a series!

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Lamulana

#1: La-Mulana

Nigoro really did an amazing job creating this gem of a game as the graphics are extremely detailed and varied, the soundtrack is a work of art, and the puzzles a mind-numbingly difficult which is something that retro gamers love! The story is actually based on Mayan mythology, but has some Greek mythology, Shintoism, and Christian religion elements throughout the game, however they are used very lightly and mainly just to acknowledge the prophecized end of the world stated in those religions. The gameplay is unbelievably enjoyable and there are some sidequests such as the developers rooms that are fun to find, but there aren't too many sidequests in the game, however the game itself is well over 60 hours in length so it's easily one of the most expansive experiences on the service!

There you have it La-Mulana wins the title of best WiiWare title so far! Please post your comments below.

Last edited by KingreX32 on November 12th 2012, 2:57 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : added in a picture)

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! 19654

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! 87457210

Top 5: Best WiiWare Games Ever Released! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
November 7th 2012, 3:28 pmKeAfan7
This article needs pics. Wink
KeAfan7
November 7th 2012, 4:02 pmKeAfan7
Needs more pics. lol!
NINTENBRO
November 7th 2012, 4:06 pmNINTENBRO
I think maybe I should create a Wii & 3DS Essentials topic. What do you think Rukiafan? It would be really easy for me to edit the lists, since I own a 3DS now.
NINTENBRO
November 7th 2012, 4:08 pmNINTENBRO
No Mega Man 9 or World of Goo?! Wow! This is actually an original and unbias list. Amazed... Very Happy

Side Note: I would've excluded escape VEKTOR and Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, because both of their promised sequels were canceled. Which I think is a huge disappointment to the fans and should automatically bar them both from the list. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Nintenbro on November 7th 2012, 6:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
KeAfan7
November 7th 2012, 4:10 pmKeAfan7
Sure!
KokorOtaku
November 7th 2012, 4:17 pmKokorOtaku
ExciteBike WR should be there Very Happy
KingreX32
November 7th 2012, 4:25 pmKingreX32
pics are added. I even made a new logo.
KeAfan7
November 7th 2012, 4:36 pmKeAfan7
Thanks. Wink
KingreX32
November 7th 2012, 4:46 pmKingreX32
no prob
ToughGamer
November 8th 2012, 12:42 pmToughGamer
There are a few typos, but all in all you did a fantastic job writing this article.
Anonymous
November 8th 2012, 1:00 pmGuest
This is a beautiful article Rukiafan! I love you
Ms_Kinomoto
December 9th 2012, 10:33 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....I like this feature it is very nice Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)