Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop

+4
Amufungal
NINTENBRO
KokorOtaku
LizofDoom
8 posters
Go down
LizofDoom
LizofDoom

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Empty Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop

September 28th 2012, 12:13 pm
Gamespot reported that Japan will get an enhanced port of Final Fantasy IV complete on eshop in November and that a North American release is likely in early 2013 for around $30.
Would you download the game at that price to be able to have the ultimate Final Fantasy game no matter where you go?

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Real_Kabuto
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Empty Re: Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop

September 28th 2012, 12:31 pm
Really? If so I might get it, I have TAY on WiiWare but haven't really touched it, but then again I could just get FFII(IV) on VC, but I'd like both games to be portable... IDK ATM

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Empty Re: Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop

September 28th 2012, 12:39 pm
The price is steep, but it's still much cheaper than downloading Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy IV The After Years from the Wii Shop.

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Real_Kabuto
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 28th 2012, 12:44 pm
True, I forgot about all the DLC... I think I will get the Compleat on eShop, and delete TAY on WW, I just wish there was a way to get money back for games you wanna trade in from the EShop or wiishop, I have a few games I rebought for my 3DS and would gladly trade in my wiis version, not to mention I'd like to upgrade to CS+ since I have the DSiWare Version, I'd pay a few bucks for +, just not $10 again...

September 28th 2012, 5:05 pm
So this is really just Final Fantasy II (Wii VC) & Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare) combined into one game?

Admin
Super Coinage!

September 28th 2012, 5:26 pm
@Nintenbro Final Fantasy IV Complete was a PSP port of the two games with new dungeons, enemies, and vastly improved graphics, but Lizofdoom said there would be enhancements to this version of the game Smile

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 28th 2012, 8:54 pm
Ringofungal, that sounds a lot more interesting. Although, this probably wouldn't be the best game to begin with in the series, huh? Because I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. I don't know why, but I've never really been attracted to the series. Chrono Trigger is another RPG I'm ashamed to say I haven't experienced yet either. I've been informed that the original NES Final Fantasy hasn't aged well at all, though. So I don't really know where I would begin or should begin.

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

September 28th 2012, 9:34 pm
Each Final Fantasy game is a self-contained experience, with its own story, setting and characters. Don't worry too much about it, Nintenbro. Wink
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 28th 2012, 9:37 pm
Ah... So something like how the story in The Legend of Zelda series works?

Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

September 28th 2012, 10:04 pm
Nintenbro wrote:Ah... So something like how the story in The Legend of Zelda series works?
More or less. Wink
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 28th 2012, 10:20 pm
Maybe I'll give this game a chance when it arrives on the eShop.

Super Coinage!

September 29th 2012, 10:02 am
Yeah some people say the PSone is where it gets good, others say the PSone is where it goes downhill, IDK for sure, but I'd like to try out more FF games than just one, III, and TAY, I have XII but haven't touched it yet.. Maybe I should soon, but I'd like Nintendo consoles to at least have FFVII-XIII

Admin

September 29th 2012, 10:43 am
So FFIV COMPLETE is FFIV ADVANCE and FFIV TAY and the additional things from the PSP version plus new stuff all combined into one game.
Good thing I skipped exactly those VC and WW games.

And yes, you could start with FFIV, Nintendobro. FFIV is a new quest with an allnew story and allnew characters. Some of them have been introduced as DLC in newer FF games (FFIV is one of the most popular Final Fantasy games next to FFVI and FFVII).

I never got the VC and WW version because I have FFIV ADVANCE on GBA. It was a birthday present I played for 10 minutes, died, and then forgot. It didn't keep me hooked somehow. Maybe it's just the beginning that is so slow, maybe I really have to try again. Anyway, as for The After Years, I beat that one on a friends Wii. I liked it and I always wanted to add it to my WiiWare collection but since I already beat it (and because it is 3700pts) I always downloaded other games.
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!

September 29th 2012, 10:57 am
$30 seems like a very good price for what is offered Smile

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

September 29th 2012, 11:43 am
Yeah I'll deffently get this on eShop once it hits, and maybe ill finally DL VI on WiiU so I can have all the good ones before VII, I also hope for a eShop remake of VII or higher, they need to be on a Nintendo platform Sad

Admin
Super Coinage!

September 29th 2012, 1:02 pm
This is going to be a day one download for sure! Very Happy

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Star_o10
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 30th 2012, 6:57 pm
Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on this game now. I need a good RPG to play on my 3DS, and I've never experienced a Final Fantasy title before. Since this version will possess enhanced graphics, I'll probably have a better chance of being able to enjoy it. I wouldn't want my first experience with the series to give me a bad first impression. I probably wouldn't be able to play through one of the original entries with retro graphics, and so I probably wouldn't give the franchise another chance afterwards. RPGs are the only genre in which graphics can sometimes determine if I find it enjoyable or not. Does this game have an estimated release date yet?

Last edited by Nintenbro on September 30th 2012, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Super Coinage!

September 30th 2012, 7:02 pm
Are you sure this is true? This site is the only site I've seen with this news... I don't wanna doubt it, but I haven't seen any other news about it Sad

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

September 30th 2012, 7:15 pm
Apparently, Gamespot reported it, but I can't find the article anywhere on their site. Neutral
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

September 30th 2012, 7:18 pm
GameSpot is pretty particular about the information they publish too.

Super Coinage!

September 30th 2012, 7:21 pm
I'd believe it, it does seem legit, I just want a link

February 12th 2013, 1:46 pm
I heard that this has been cancelled Sad

February 12th 2013, 2:29 pm
That sucks! This was going to be my introduction to the series too! I guess I'll just rely upon the Wii VC for 16 bit RPGs.

Admin
Super Coinage!

February 12th 2013, 2:30 pm
This sucks

Final Fantasy IV Complete for eshop Star_o10
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)