Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
John Knight
John Knight
Going social baby!

WiiWareWave now integrated with Facebook and Twitter + Minor Update! Wwwfacebookcopy

Today Rukiafan and I have fully integrated Facebook and Twitter into WiiWareWave! First let's take a tour of the new side menu options in the Portal.

The first one you'll see is for registering as a member through your Facebook account, this obviously is mainly for convenience for guests to quickly and easily register, however any existing members can create a linked Facebook account if they want to do so.
The second new option is the Facebook page like and follower button that shows a facepile along with a button to like WiiWareWave!

On the Homepage just under the recent topics box we have a live feed of recent mentions and WiiWareWave page links tweeted at Twitter!

On the side bar on the Homepage we have a Facepile followers list without a like button and a Twitter follower + Follower Visits which updates our follower count every few hours and allows Twitter members to show that they've visited by signing in on the feature, which I don't believe that it reads any Twitter member information.

Well what do you think of these new optional social features? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

WiiWareWave now integrated with Facebook and Twitter + Minor Update! Images20
Rukiafan:

[Update!] We now added a very minor visual update that shows your avatar next to the quick reply box at the bottom of topics and articles!

Last edited by KingreX32 on November 12th 2012, 3:01 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the picure.)
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
So cool!
I know alot of people who would love these features and not only that those new features don't look bad either Very Happy
NINTENBRO
Not really something I'd ever use, but I know there's a lot of other people who would take advantage of these features.
KeAfan7
It looks like everything is working......except the sign up using Facebook feature, so I guess I'll have to remove it for now. Neutral
KingreX32
Great job guys. I hate not being here. I really do. I miss you all.
KeAfan7
Where have you been KingreX32? Could you please let people know that we have open reviewer and news anchor positions that need to be filled while most of our staff are away? This is getting tough to handle with so few of us being available to work on the website. Neutral
ShounenMania
Sweet update John Knight and Rukiafan! WiiWareWave now integrated with Facebook and Twitter + Minor Update! 631737971
Otaku
Cool Cool
KingreX32
Rukiafan wrote:Where have you been KingreX32? Could you please let people know that we have open reviewer and news anchor positions that need to be filled while most of our staff are away? This is getting tough to handle with so few of us being available to work on the website. Neutral

sorry guys. ive been busy with school. ive got seven courses and multiple assigments due for each. thats why i havent been on.
Ragnarok
I would be willing to help out with a few articles.
pizzacore
I'm loving this update, but I don't think that the register with facebook button is working
I like that facebook faces thing that only shows the faces of people you actually know of course that only makes 1 face visible in my case lol!
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)