Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Go down
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion) Empty The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion)

September 20th 2012, 6:44 pm
Are there any WiiWareWave members who are even the slightest bit interested in this strange little RPG? Which will be arriving on the North American eShop next thursday. A demo is now available for download in the eShop.

The link below will direct you to the official website.

http://www.denpamen.com

The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion) Empty Re: The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion)

September 20th 2012, 8:28 pm
I absolutely love this game. What's so awesome is that you can transfer your save from the Demo to the Full version. This is obviously taking mechanics from Earthbound, Mystery Dungeon and most importantly Dragon Quest. Also like how you can dress up your Denpaman and customize their attributes among other things. This is going to so be worth $10. Though, I think the sequel will blow this one away.

I think you're able to transfer your save from Denpaman 1 to Denpaman 2. I think...

NINTENBRO

The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion) Empty Re: The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion)

September 20th 2012, 8:35 pm
Great news! I absolutely loved Earthbound way back in the day. I know this can't possibly possess nearly the same level of charm as Earthbound, but any type of similarities are most definitely a plus in my book.

September 20th 2012, 9:27 pm
What Earthbound and Denpaman have in common is the quirkiness, that's for sure.

And to me, that's not a problem. At all.

NINTENBRO

September 20th 2012, 9:38 pm
That quirkiness was Earthbound's charm Komicturtle. It had such unique character. Which is what made it feel so damn fresh and enjoyable to sit down and play for hours on end.

Edit: I wish this game had some type of online multiplayer features like: Heroes of Ruin and Planet Crashers. Sad

September 27th 2012, 3:30 pm
I was really surprised when I found out NLife had awarded this a 9 out of 10. Have any WiiWareWave member's already downloaded The Denpa Men?

September 27th 2012, 8:28 pm
I did. And it's absolutely fantastic.

NINTENBRO

September 27th 2012, 8:51 pm
I'm still a little skeptical myself, because I found a few things were disappointing in the demo.

September 27th 2012, 10:12 pm
Here are some QR Codes for the Denpamen I caught- at least, ones I thought were worth sharing:

This one is striped red and orange. I think they call these shinies? Not sure, but was a bugger to catch at first. Reminds me of Tingle lol
The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion) IMG_20120928_005928

This one is good if need some fire power.
The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave (Discussion) IMG_20120928_005854

NINTENBRO

September 28th 2012, 9:34 pm
It seems you're the only member who decided to download this, so far. It would be a shame if nobody else ends up sharing their Denpa Men.

September 29th 2012, 12:40 am
I visit other places too. I hope people give the demo a try AT LEAST.

NINTENBRO

September 29th 2012, 4:05 pm
I do the same myself Komicturtle. Let's just say that sometimes WiiWareWave's response rate leaves something to be desired. Very Happy

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)