Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Marvel Pinball 3D review W-7Ll5_fA92kZrkMIpLcvw_Zo_FyVxPx
For the Nintendo eShop

TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.

Developer: Zen Studios
Publisher: Zen Studios

NA Release: June 28, 2012
EU Release: June 28, 2012

# of Players: 1 - 4 players (sharing one system)
Nintendo eShop price: $7.99 / €7.00
Genre: Arcade, Pinball

Marvel Pinball 3D, what a great game to be reviewing on July 4 that involves American Superheroes. Zen Studios offers 3DS owner a second pack of pinball tables, this time as separate software coated in a more familiarly exciting universe. Iron Man, Captain America, Blade, and the Fantastic Four assemble for your enjoyment in a form of stereoscopic proportions.

GamePlay

Everyone knows about how pinball works so I’ll briefly mention the basics. Your goal is to keep the ball on the playfield as long as possible by controlling the flippers with the L and R shoulder buttons and, as an importantly less continuous method, nudging the table if the ball is heading straight down the abyss with the Slide Pad. When playing pinball on the Nintendo 3DS, press X to find the preferable camera view for all the tables.

Marvel Pinball 3D review NqPmvcqY4GkbpB233hgcHhkdXaXz6eMM

To rank up points, use the flippers to guide the ball through ramps, loops, and targets with the help of flashing lights on the artwork display as a direction. Lighting up the side-by-side siblings by individually, when not dealing multiballs, hitting its targets or going through rollover targets will trigger helpful conditions such as multiplying bonus points, production from the edge, and even an extra life (ball).

The digital manual available when highlight the game from the home screen gives all the details of what each table has to offer. Although, the real heart of pinball is to discover all the nook and cranny for yourself, especially when activating a good vs. evil missions.

Presentation

If you start up Marvel Pinball 3D for the first time and you decide to start with Iron Man, your first impressions with the game will probably be disappointment. There is a common glitch when the ball is stuck under the upper-left spinner when going through it a couple of times. It takes awhile for the game to reset, not your score thankfully, removing the glitch ball and automatically launching a new one to the playfield. In Fantastic Four, there’s even a similar glitch including an unfortunate only choice to manually restart your session.

Marvel Pinball 3D review W_0aQ1E4smx6JezE7o3kBkV0NwZdf8ul

I was about to lose hope, then a marvelous thing happen.

Before writing this review, I upgrade to a 16 GB SD card (previous use a 2 GB that came with the system) for my Nintendo 3DS and the game’s technical presentation improve for which I did not expect. The character models are more in harmony with timely mechanical performance. The activities and missions (with a press of the A button) start up more quickly. The heavy use of special effects such as Iron Man no longer alters the ball physics and hit detection. The glitches from Iron Man and Fantastic Four are still present, fortunately it’s less common. If you want a more manageably polish pinball experience, this is a great time to upgrade to a new SD card.

Now for the already existing delightfulness, the Stereoscopic 3D brings realism to the designs and delivers eye-popping surprises from characters you know and love. The online is competitive especially with friends and trying to outrank them. Unlike Zen Pinball 3D, the physics are realistically scarier now that the ball can jump, hitting the ceiling glass, with the impact by a flipper. Each table captures the serenity of Marvel classics with enthusiastic voice acting and personalized vibrate colors. Even the designs and gaming structure from each table are architecturally different, not just in terms of scale.

Marvel Pinball 3D review W5ho8vDTEt0RCjSaQtxlrM-nQzVyCqu3

Conclusion

Marvel Pinball 3D is no false advertisement. It delivers the craving of Marvel popularity, it delivers pinball action, and it delivers an impressive Stereoscopic 3D. The game will eventually be including upcoming DLC tables such the Spiderman and patches (it had better be) to increase the already satisfying replay value. If you need another confidential reason to own a Nintendo 3DS XL, this is it.

9.5 / 10 eShop points

9- Awesome This game has little in the way of flaws, and is a highly enjoyable experience.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SuperVash
July 4th 2012, 1:01 pmSuperVash
Sounds better than I was expecting.
Anonymous
July 4th 2012, 1:20 pmGuest
I wouldn't like this game, but your review is beautiful. I love you
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
July 4th 2012, 11:09 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Solid review, but I would give this an 8.
Mouser
July 5th 2012, 12:11 pmMouser
Good review.
Staroceancrazy
July 5th 2012, 7:25 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review Very Happy
SkywardL
July 7th 2012, 12:06 pmSkywardL
I did some experiments and I notice improvements from Zen Pinball 3D as well Surprised

In Eldorado, once a slowest pinball experience, now with the 16 GB SF card the pace is more acceptable. The animation on the bottom screen, dot matrix display, is faster pace and the events start up quickly.
Love4Gaming
July 11th 2012, 12:57 pmLove4Gaming
Was this initially a retail game?
Megatron2000
July 16th 2012, 6:43 pmMegatron2000
I'm surprised that an eshop game got a nearly perfect score. |0
I will download this very soon. |D
SkywardL
October 25th 2012, 4:41 pmSkywardL
Marvel Pinball 3D receive an update today that eliminates bugs. My review score is even more adequate now Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)