Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Downloading Please Be Patient!

Iwata Says: Fans Should Download Wii U Games Overnight! IMG00185

Recently Nintendo announced that they will start releasing retail 3DS and Wii U games in their respective download shops with New Super Mario Bros. 2 being the first retail game given the digital treatment! Satoru Iwata made an interesting public comment recently, stating...

"It is true that downloading software with 10GB of memory cannot be done in an instant today, even with broadband connections"

Iwata also stated that it might be a good idea to set the games to download overnight while sleeping.

Wait did Nintendo just spill the beans about the file size limits of games for the Wii U eshop?
So what are your thoughts about this?

Iwata Says: Fans Should Download Wii U Games Overnight! 19654

Iwata Says: Fans Should Download Wii U Games Overnight! 87457210

Iwata Says: Fans Should Download Wii U Games Overnight! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
This article needs a pic....lol I Guess I need an app to download online pics to my netpad cpu. Laughing
KingreX32
done
gamerace
10gb is HUGE! I think the biggest Wii title is 7gb.

NSMB is about 500mb, as are all the Wii titles and some other titles.

500mb shouldn't take too long.
DigiDestined
I just found this article on the WiiWareWave Facebook page and I cannot even imagine how long it will take to download 10gb games but if this is true then Nintendo needs to allow usb harddrives for the WiiU otherwise it will be totally a pain to have to delete and redownload games with the limited internal memory pale
SkywardL
3DS overnight during Sleep Mode?

I don't think the 3DS battery life can last that long.
Inuyasha4z2
More wear on our systems sounds like a bad idea, just look at the Wii even in sleep mode it has a tendency to overheat and crap in a in a few months, so I hope Nintendo fixes the problem before we have put our systems in sleep for twelve hours or more. Twisted Evil
gamerace
Inuyasha4z2 wrote:More wear on our systems sounds like a bad idea, just look at the Wii even in sleep mode it has a tendency to overheat and crap in a in a few months, so I hope Nintendo fixes the problem before we have put our systems in sleep for twelve hours or more. Twisted Evil

Not sure where your getting that impression from. Mine's left fully on a lot of times and is in sleep mode the rest. My original lasted 5+ years of extensive use.

Of the three systems on the market the Wii - by far - has had the least overheating issues.
Zatchbell
Sounds like we'll have to wait hours before playing our new games. Sad
KingreX32
gamerace wrote:
Inuyasha4z2 wrote:More wear on our systems sounds like a bad idea, just look at the Wii even in sleep mode it has a tendency to overheat and crap in a in a few months, so I hope Nintendo fixes the problem before we have put our systems in sleep for twelve hours or more. Twisted Evil

Not sure where your getting that impression from. Mine's left fully on a lot of times and is in sleep mode the rest. My original lasted 5+ years of extensive use.

Of the three systems on the market the Wii - by far - has had the least overheating issues.
\

Same my Wii has never overheated
Marioman18
@KingreX32 @Gamerace He probably doesn't have his Wii in a well ventilated space Suspect
KingreX32
I was thinking the same thing. My old Laptp used to over heat alot. When I cracked it open after it broke I noticed a whole lotta dust clogging the air vent.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)