Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
#10. Chrono Trigger

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! Ct-screenshot-2005.06.06-16.07.42

In Chrono Trigger early on in the game the antagonist is the magician Magus whom you try to stop from bending history to his will, but eventually you find out that in fact he is trying to save the world in his own way!
The reason this game gets #10 is due to some of the interesting plot twists in some of the games 13 endings, including the dinosaurs rule the earth ending!

#9. Tales of The Abyss.

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! Tales-of-the-abyss-screenshots

In Tales of The Abyss you play as Luke Fon Fabre a nobleman who was kidnapped at a young age, and has serious trust issues, and awful manners.
Later in the game we find out that Luke is actually a clone of who he thought he was, and the original is actually helping the bad guys "well at first anyways".
There are many other plot twists to be seen, but we don't want to spoil everything!

#8. Tales of Symphonia Dawn of The New World.

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! Tales-of-symphonia-dawn-of-the1sm2

In Tos: Dawn of The New World you play the role of Emil a boy who lost his parents at the hands of Lloyd the former protaganist of the Symphonia series.
He teams up with a girl named Marta, and together with a Centurian Tenabre, and the cast of original Tos characters confront Lloyd, and the threat known as Ratatosk a demon who wishes to destroy all the people of the planet, but later in a shocking plot twist we find out that Emil himself is Ratatosk!

#7.final Fantasy VI

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! Final%20fantasy%20vi_1

Final fantasy VI has many plot twists, but two in particular truly stand out.

The first revolves around a mysterious young woman named Terra who joins the group at the beginning after being freed from a brain washing device placed upon her by the empire, she then is convinced to join the Returners a group that opposes the Empire, however when they try to enlist the aid of an Esper "summoning spirit" Terra suddenly transforms into an Esper herself, and flies off forcing the group to find her, and save her.

The second plot twist is at the mid-point of the game where the world has been decimated by the villain Kefka!

#6. Star Ocean The Second Story.

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 37601-Star_Ocean_-_The_Second_Story_%5BNTSC-U%5D_%5BDisc1of2%5D-2

In Star Ocean The Second Story you play as Claude Kenni, and Rena Lanford two people from different worlds who join forces along with 10 others to save planet expel from the "Sorcery Globe" a mysterious meteorite that has turned the native animals into demons, and caused swarms of earthquakes. Later the group learns about the masterminds behind all this, the ten wise men!
The big twist comes when the group finds out Rena isn't from Expel she is from the ten wise men's homeworld Nede!

Last edited by Rukiafan on March 5th 2012, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 19654

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 87457210

Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

MetalShyGuy
Great article, but this needs some spellchecking, and pictures. Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 631737971
KeAfan7
I just fixed the spelling errors, but another staff member will upload the pics soon. Wink
Staroceancrazy
When can we expect pictures or part 2?
KeAfan7
I'm sure another staff member will add the pics soon.
Part 2 will be posted in the upcoming days. Wink
Chrono_Cross
Got you covered Rukiafan. I like the feature by the way. Wink
Marioman18
I like how this feature has RPG's from consoles besides Nintendo as well Very Happy
John Knight
Nice feature Rukiafan. Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 631737971
Marth
Welp, I just ruined the plots of five games I've never played. Oh well, I'm looking forward to ruining five more when the second part comes. The Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World twist makes me want to buy the game now.
Akatsuki
Plot twists can be thrilling. Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 631737971
Jnes5
I really want to thank you for contributing your first WiiWareWave Features page by releasing a top 10 list !

And this list isn't that bad, but you should write a "little" more so that it doesn't look very short, but again this was good !
KeAfan7
Thanks Jnes5. Smile
I'll post part 2 sometime tomorrow. Wink
Amufungal
My favorite RPG is #6!
I love Star Ocean The Second Story Smile
Kangaroozoo
This article is amazing mate. Surprised
ZezHylia
I like your interesting selection of games in part 1 Very Happy
Terra
Fantastic feature Rukiafan! Bravo. Top 10: Best Plot Twists In Video Game History Part 1 (Spoilers Beware)! 631737971
catfood
Good list, but it's been longer then a single day since part 1. Razz
When are we getting part 2?
KeAfan7
Part 2 has been out for awhile now, and the part 3 mini article featuring Xenoblade Chronicles will be posted soon. Wink

I thought it wouldn't be right to post spoilers for a critically acclaimed game so shortly after its release. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)