Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
written By: Neal Ronaghan

No Tiger Woods on Wii This Year Tigw11_wii_scrn_true_view_bmp_jpgcopy

The motion-enhanced golf series is just coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this year.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is only coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 30, skipping Nintendo platforms, according to a representative from EA Sports.

The decision was made so the new version could take advantage of new online and social features on the other two platforms. Additionally, EA cited that Kinect and the PlayStation Move are both "significant strides in motion gaming" and that their fans will enjoy the refined realistic golf swing that the two control methods offer.

Despite solid reviews dating back to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10's introduction of Wii MotionPlus, EA's golf series is skipping Nintendo systems for the first time since 2001.

The full quote from the company is below:

"There is no Wii version planned for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 or Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition. We decided to focus on the HD platforms and take advantage of the robust online communities of Xbox and Sony PS3 given the new online and social features in this year’s game. There have been significant strides in motion gaming through the release of Kinect and PlayStation Move and we believe fans will enjoy the true-to-life golf swing created by these peripherals."

Source

Am I the only person this feels odd to. I mean Tiger Woods 10 sold extremely well on Wii, even better when Motion plus was introduced. Meh whatever WiiU is coming out so I really dont care much for Wii anymore.

Thoughts?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

No Tiger Woods on Wii This Year Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

LTGamer
January 10th 2012, 2:08 pmLTGamer
So, they're trying to say that Playstation move and kinect are better than motion plus and that's the reason? I bet they're just not doing it because the wii U is coming out and they don't think it's worth it to make this for a "dying" system.
RoryLee
January 10th 2012, 2:22 pmRoryLee
I think it sucks! The Wii has the best motion controls this console generation. It seems that EA is always finding someway to dodge the wii.
LTGamer
January 10th 2012, 2:33 pmLTGamer
So you've played the move and Kinect?
I was actually wandering if people who've played all three felt the same (in that kinect and Move were better ) or if this was just a bunch horse pucky.
KingreX32
January 10th 2012, 2:50 pmKingreX32
Ive played Move. Its INFINATLY better than the Wiimote. ITS SOO ACCURATE!!! its scary. Its even better than Moion Plus. Kinect works. Its just a little clunky and slow. But Ive still prefer Move or a Wiimote over it.
RoryLee
January 10th 2012, 2:55 pmRoryLee
I never tried it, but I know most people prefer the wiimote over the move for FPS. I have Tiger Woods 2008 and the wiimote worked really good for that older version. I just need to buy the latest Tiger Woods and see how much it has improved.
Amufungal
January 10th 2012, 4:26 pmAmufungal
I don't think this is a very smart move on EA's part Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)