Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Andy
Andy
Nintendo Wii U: EA Boss Peter Moore Is Fascinated With Wii U Wii-u-blue
Peter Moore, Electronic Arts new Chief Operating Officer has revealed what his development team find most interesting with Wii U. I’ll give you a hint, it has something to do with the second screen.

You recently reassured the market that you are fully onboard the Wii U with your key franchises. What are your developers finding most exciting about the Wii U?

They’re still working with the software development kits, Jason. And as always happens, Nintendo continues to deliver updates to the SDK, and we find cool and interesting things there. I think the broader element is the idea of a second screen, which is something that many of us do now. I don’t know about you, but watching TV I find myself either sitting with my laptop doing emails or my iPad browsing the web while the TV is going on in front of me. I think I’m watching it, depending on what it is. Obviously if it’s a sports event, then I’m giving it my full attention, but anything else and it’s probably only getting 40 per cent of my attention and I’m pretending to my wife that I’m watching TV with her. But the second screen mentality, it’s not only doing something different, but also every now and then you are watching TV and have a question and it’s fascinating now to do enquiries and find out information about something that you are watching on the main screen using your second screen. I think the concept of a second screen that it being used in tandem and in parallel to what is going on the big screen is fascinating for us as gamers, we think that is a big deal. A lot of our games are built for calling plays or strategies that you can’t see on the big screen.

Comments

No Comment.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)