Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Airport Mania: First Flight is a point & click simulation style game made by Team Lemon that was originally a PC game that has been recently ported to the WiiWare service.

You start this game by creating a profile and then going to air traffic control academy which is a tutorial to help you understand the basics. Once completed, you then start out at a small airport and direct cute little colored airplanes with faces to try to keep everything on schedule and obtain a high enough score to clear the level. When you complete all of the levels in an airport you move to the next more difficult airport and this will happen often as there are a little over 80 levels across 8 airports.

This game also does a great job at slowly adding new elements to the game as you progress. New plane colors or foggy runways just to name a couple. The graphics in this game are simple and colorful and the music is simple yet fitting.

Bottom line: This game is a fun (sim) style game that is simple yet highly enjoyable. The controls aren't sloppy or poorly mapped out and it also has nice graphics as well as great music that isn't destracting. This is hands down one of the best games on WiiWare that only costs the minimum price of 500 Wii Points and should be purchased by any fan of the genre.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 9.5/10

9- Awesome This game has little in the way of flaws, and is a highly enjoyable experience.
Attachments
Review: Airport Mania ~ First Flight (WiiWare) Attachment
airportmania.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

Review: Airport Mania ~ First Flight (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Airport Mania ~ First Flight (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Airport Mania ~ First Flight (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

DigiDestined
May 2nd 2011, 1:55 pmDigiDestined
This sounds like a pretty good game considering it's only 500 points Surprised

I think I might just get this game Wink
RoboYoshi
July 30th 2011, 12:01 pmRoboYoshi
This is a great value for its price,because of the sheer amount of content and just how fun it is Very Happy
Super fantastic review rukiafan Exclamation
Sneaker
I have the DSiWare version and even though I enjoyed myself. It was way, way too easy.
KeAfan7
Sneaker wrote:I have the DSiWare version and even though I enjoyed myself. It was way, way too easy.
To beat the game yes,but some of the awards are almost impossible such as getting a perfect performance at every airport "considering that you can't achieve the award by retrying levels you didn't do perfectly"
Sneaker
I have all levels with three stars and with all planes being early. It's just so easy. Don't know if the WiiWare version is more difficult or something.

I only need one award (Stingy Maniac) with have something to do with buying stuff and two medals. The pregnant lady medal and the switch-a-roon medal.
Marioman18
August 1st 2011, 12:16 pmMarioman18
This is the best 500 point game on the wiiware service at least in my humble opinion Very Happy
SonicKnuckles
August 1st 2011, 8:40 pmSonicKnuckles
Fun albeit easy title just about sums it up your score is just about right Wink
Amufungal
August 4th 2011, 3:52 pmAmufungal
Airport Mania is so cute,and addictive it's easily one of my top 5 wiiware games Smile
Q-Bart 999
October 3rd 2011, 4:32 pmQ-Bart 999
This sounds like it could be a great addition to my WiiWare collection Surprised
Which would you recommend escapeVektor chapter one or Airport Mania First Flight?
Ms_Kinomoto
October 3rd 2011, 4:43 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um...This game is so cute and cheerful and best of all fun I love you
ZezHylia
October 3rd 2011, 6:00 pmZezHylia
This is the best game as far as value for what you pay on the entire service, oh and your review is good too Wink
Yusei Fudo
October 3rd 2011, 7:25 pmYusei Fudo
Is this game too casual or kiddie for a hardcore gamer like myself?
Sneaker
The DSiWare version was way too easy.
MetalShyGuy
October 18th 2011, 11:02 pmMetalShyGuy
The WiiWare version is much more difficult because the point and click controls of the Wiimote are much more inaccurate than the DSi touch controls.
Kangaroozoo
October 18th 2011, 11:27 pmKangaroozoo
Well if it isn't a review of my favorite WiiWare game! Nice work Rukiafan king
NINTENBRO
October 18th 2011, 11:38 pmNINTENBRO
Q-Bart 999 wrote:This sounds like it could be a great addition to my WiiWare collection Surprised
Which would you recommend escapeVektor chapter one or Airport Mania First Flight?
If your looking for more of an arcade, retro difficulty level challenge, then I would definitely download escape VeKtor first. Not to say that Airport Mania: First Flight doesn't deserve a spot in your WiiWare library as well. But I'm an impulsive buyer, so maybe you should just download escape VeKtor. lol
SKTTR
So addicting!

Got it yesterday and beat all 84 stages with 3-star ranks today. Played for 7 hours straight (completed worlds 1-6) then took a nap, and completed the other two worlds (7-Cool today.

I have 26/28 achievements (missing the two that hide under the table - how do I get them?)But getting 84 three-star ranks, and 28 achievements isn't all this game has to offer. Up to 4 players can participate at any time, and you can always collect achievement/medals, so they turn from bronze into silver into gold, as you collect more and more of them. OCD's can also find level specific medals that will be shown on the level select screens.

I really like this game, it's fun and cheery. Great for 500pts. Pretty good work as a port as well!

As for getting escapeVEKTOR or Airport Mania.... It depends!
Do you want 30 stages of retro arcade action with classic controls, or 80 stages of cartoony strategy with pointer controls?
OgreTheShrek
October 19th 2011, 12:49 pmOgreTheShrek
This is a remarkable game that you just can't stop playing once you start Laughing
Staroceancrazy
May 9th 2012, 2:23 pmStaroceancrazy
Has this game been removed? I can't find it in the Wii shop! pale
Anonymous
Nice review Rukiafan. Smile
I heard that this game will be removed from the Wii Shop at the end of November. Sad
ShanaNoShakugan
October 15th 2013, 1:26 pmShanaNoShakugan
Look so fun, but was this game release in Japan?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)