Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!
We count down our favourite spooky spectres of the Pokémon world

Halloween is almost upon us, the time of year when, according to folklore, the veil between our world and the spirit world is at its thinnest. So what better time than to count down our favourite Ghost-type Pokémon? Let's get right to it. Oh, and we are not responsible for any balloons carrying you away into the sky during this spooky Top 5, so consider yourself warned... KYEHEHEHEHEEEH!

No. 5: Drifloon
Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 425Drifloon
Type: Ghost/Flying
First appearance: Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl
One of the first Pokémon to only be catchable on a certain day of the week, this deceptively-adorable balloon-like Pokémon appears in the Valley Windworks on Fridays. It may look friendly, but you might want to steer clear of it: Drifloon has a tendency to lure small children to it, then pick them up and carry them away, never to be seen again...

No. 4: Misdreavus
Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 200Misdreavus
Type: Ghost
First appearance: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver
The first pure Ghost-type Pokémon in the franchise and the only one to be introduced in Generation II, Misdreavus is a mischievous spirit who loves to play tricks on people, such as turning invisible and making strange noises, or sneaking up behind them and pulling their hair. That said, it is possibly one of the few Ghost Pokémon without any outwardly-malicious tendencies...or, at least, it SEEMS to have none.

No. 3: Pumpkaboo
Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 710PumpkabooFeature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 710PumpkabooFeature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 710PumpkabooFeature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 710Pumpkaboo
Type: Ghost/Grass
First appearance: Pokémon X and Pokémon Y
"My Pumpkaboo's bigger than yours!" This round, orange Pokémon resembles a Jack-O-Lantern, and much like the pumpkins from which its inspiration are carved, Pumpkaboo comes in a variety of sizes. These variances in body mass are not just purely cosmetic, however, as a large Pumpkaboo has a different assortment of base stats than a smaller one. This allows for a greater variety of unique individuals than most other Pokémon species. If you don't like your Pumpkaboo, you can always trade with a friend...but be prepared for a surprise! Trick or treat!

No. 2: Giratina
Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 500px-487Giratina-AlteredFeature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 220px-487Giratina-Origin
Type: Ghost/Dragon
First appearance: Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl
Behold! The mighty Giratina! This ancient Pokémon hails from the Distortion World, a dimension where the laws of physics are warped beyond our understanding: Up is down, left is up, and...well, you get the idea. In our universe, Giratina's physical structure changes into something better equipped to exist within our own laws of nature, but an item known as the Griseous Orb can allow it to attain its true forme even in our world!

You may be wondering why Giratina wasn't ranked numero uno. Well, there's a very good reason for that...

No. 1: Gengar
Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 500px-094GengarFeature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 220px-094Gengar-Mega
Type: Ghost/Poison
First appearance: Pocket Monster Red and Pocket Monster Green
That's right, the classic Ghost Pokémon makes its spot at the number one slot! This Pokémon hides in plain sight by pretending to be the shadow of anyone it chooses, be they human or Pokémon. Some reseachers theorise that Gengar could even be the shadow of the Fairy-type Pokémon Clefable! In Generation VI, it gained the ability to Mega Evolve into a powerful new form, Mega Gengar, which is sure to prove quite a match for any opponent!

Well, that's our Top 5 list of Ghost-type Pokémon. Which spooky Pokémon are your favourites? Be sure to leave a comment below.

Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Big shout-out to Bulbapedia for the images used in this article!

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
October 28th 2015, 6:34 pmKeAfan7
Are there any Pokemon in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire that can only be caught at a certain time or day?
That said, I really appreciate you posting this feature! Thank you very much, my friend. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
October 28th 2015, 6:40 pmTheGingerDoctor
Ichigofan wrote:Are there any Pokemon in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire that can only be caught at a certain time or day?
Nope. Apart from certain Legendary Pokémon attainable through soaring, every wild Pokémon can be caught at any time of day and on any day of the week. Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 631737971
That said, I really appreciate you posting this feature! Thank you very much, my friend. Wink
No problem. I did have a few issues with my tablet whilst writing the article, but it was worth it to help you in your time of need. Wink
KeAfan7
October 28th 2015, 6:46 pmKeAfan7
Smile
Staroceancrazy
October 29th 2015, 9:52 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome feature @GamerZack87! Very Happy
TheGingerDoctor
October 29th 2015, 10:17 pmTheGingerDoctor
Thank you, @Staroceancrazy! Happy
Ragnarok
November 3rd 2015, 2:34 pmRagnarok
Great feature milkdud!
KeAfan7
November 3rd 2015, 2:38 pmKeAfan7
uh...What the fronk?! Who censored D.u.d.e. on our forums?! Prinny
KeAfan7
November 3rd 2015, 2:39 pmKeAfan7
D.u.d.e. = milkdud now...Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 1625187496
TheGingerDoctor
November 3rd 2015, 3:44 pmTheGingerDoctor
The heck...? lol!
KingreX32
November 3rd 2015, 5:32 pmKingreX32
This artice has gotten alot of views on Nintendo Ninja News's Facebook page.
Otaku
November 3rd 2015, 6:12 pmOtaku
@KingreX32 That's awesome milkdud! Very Happy
KeAfan7
November 3rd 2015, 6:14 pmKeAfan7
Okay, I'm going to uncensor the word after I'm done with what I'm doing. Whoever did this, please don't do it again...Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 1625187496
TheGingerDoctor
November 3rd 2015, 6:58 pmTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32 wrote:This artice has gotten alot of views on Nintendo Ninja News's Facebook page.
Wait...for real?! Surprised
KingreX32
November 3rd 2015, 8:08 pmKingreX32
Yeah man. Chris made me admin of his facebook page. So now when wiiwarewave posted a new article or review instead of showing up on just wiiwarewave and KingreX32s Reviews facebook page it will now also show up in Nintendo Ninja News. Greatly expanding the audience.

It helps when I admin all three.
KingreX32
November 3rd 2015, 8:09 pmKingreX32
Now you guys see why sometimes im too busy to post articles here. Im trying to take care of three different Facebook pages.
It sucked that mine is the deadest of all three though.
KeAfan7
November 4th 2015, 11:14 amKeAfan7
GamerZack87 wrote:The heck...? lol!
The issue has been resolved, dude. Wink
KeAfan7
November 4th 2015, 11:17 amKeAfan7
@KingreX32 thanks for helping us out and running our Facebook page! Wink
KingreX32
November 4th 2015, 11:24 amKingreX32
Thats what im here for
ShounenMania
November 5th 2015, 12:27 pmShounenMania
Sweet article dude! Feature: Our Top 5 Ghost-type Pokémon 631737971
TheGingerDoctor
November 5th 2015, 1:14 pmTheGingerDoctor
Thank you, @DBZmania! Happy
Sneaker
November 7th 2015, 4:16 pmSneaker
Haunter for number one for me. Never liked Gengar.
KingreX32
November 8th 2015, 6:46 pmKingreX32
Sneaker. Dude Long Time No See.
Sneaker
November 9th 2015, 5:29 pmSneaker
Hi KingreX32, how have you've been?
KeAfan7
November 9th 2015, 5:49 pmKeAfan7
@Sneaker Welcome back!
Sneaker
November 9th 2015, 6:03 pmSneaker
Thanks Ichigofan.
KingreX32
November 9th 2015, 6:09 pmKingreX32
Im good man, busy as hell but im good.
TheGingerDoctor
November 9th 2015, 7:07 pmTheGingerDoctor
In recent Pokémon games (typically Gen V-onwards), I have a strict policy of adding at least one Pokémon of each type to my party, including Ghost-type Pokémon. In X, my Ghost-type is a male Doublade named Sheen, and in AS, it's a male Sableye named Blye. Once I get OR, I'd like to catch a female Duskull in Mt. Pyre for my party. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)