Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Curse of The Satar!

Review: Elliot Quest (Wii U eshop) Update! Wiiu_s19

Developed by Ansimuz Games Elliot Quest is a tough as nails platforming RPG in the veins of Zelda II that also has gameplay elements from the NES Kid Icarus title, but do these gameplay elements work well together? Keep reading our review to find out!

The game has platforming elements similar to early platforming RPG's such as Zelda II and blends the two genres together perfectly! The game has towns, fields, and dungeons which are divided into different areas! The fields are essentially the world map and you can go to towns and dungeons from the fields. The towns are where you buy items "crazy idea huh?" opening treasure chests in town also negatively affects your character's personality. Dungeons are where you find many of your important tools and magic needed to progress in the game and boy are these areas difficult!

The enemies and bosses are quite unique and the bosses in particular can by exceptionally challenging!

While the game never reaches Zelda II difficulty levels it is definitely challenging and will test your skills. There are several game-breaking bugs as a result of a recent patch that have made the game nearly impossible to beat which utterly destroys the game's review score. Once these are fixed we'll adjust our review.

Review: Elliot Quest (Wii U eshop) Update! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqPtgh9dWVh2-YaUBgUvAje-KJwExzYd7qyoWB7gbIM2LqCd6-Fxsb9ukG

The controls are great and the Off-TV Play is a nice feature that adds alot to the game and the option to use a Wii Classic Controller Pro is also a nice addition to the game!

The graphics in Elliot Quest are very retro and look like a nicely crafted 8-bit era title! The level designs are gorgeous as are the character models! The music is also quite enjoyable and really adds to the game!

Bottom-Line:

With great gameplay and excellent controls Elliot Quest is a fun title for sure and the excellent 8-bit visuals and great music it had the potential to be a top-scoring game, however several recently introduced bugs have essentially broken the game and as a result it's score has dropped by 5 points. If the bugs get fixed this game will be superb, but right now we can't recommend this title.

Update: The game-breaking bugs have been fixed and as a result the game has become a highly recommended title in our book. No Wii U owner should pass this great game up!

Price: £9.49/$12.99

Score:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9.5/10

Last edited by Rukiafan on May 6th 2015, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Elliot Quest (Wii U eshop) Update! 19654

Review: Elliot Quest (Wii U eshop) Update! 87457210

Review: Elliot Quest (Wii U eshop) Update! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SKTTR
Ouch! I will wait for the update.... This is very high on my list because I just love games like this.

Ah well, until this one gets fixed I still have to get Affordable Space Adventures anyway.
RyanNerdyGamer
April 17th 2015, 10:17 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Ick. Neutral

Nice review as always, @Rukiafan! Review: Elliot Quest (Wii U eshop) Update! 631737971
Tech101
April 18th 2015, 6:53 pmTech101
I really want this but on my 3ds. I've seen the dev say they are listening to the people to see if it's a possibility.

Too bad for the bugs but the core game does look nice.
Ragnarok
April 19th 2015, 5:32 pmRagnarok
Ugh. I'm trapped in the Graveyard with no way out. Mad
I fully agree with your review and score.
Kain
Good review!
Tsubasa
April 20th 2015, 12:13 pmTsubasa
I'll wait for a patch. Thanks for the honest review @Rukiafan! Smile
Clαππαd
April 20th 2015, 12:28 pmClαππαd
Nice review boss!
ToughGamer
April 20th 2015, 1:17 pmToughGamer
Good review.
Neptune
April 29th 2015, 12:38 pmNeptune
Tech101 wrote:I really want this but on my 3ds. I've seen the dev say they are listening to the people to see if it's a possibility.

Too bad for the bugs but the core game does look nice.
It was awesome before the game-breaking patch came along @Tech101. Sad
Grumblevolcano
April 29th 2015, 12:49 pmGrumblevolcano
This is unacceptable. Patches should never break a game that isn't already broken.
Mouser
April 29th 2015, 5:50 pmMouser
Grumblevolcano wrote:This is unacceptable. Patches should never break a game that isn't already broken.
Well put.
KeAfan7
@SKTTR and @Tech101 we've updated our review to reflect the fixes the patch has brought to the game! Wink
Staroceancrazy
May 6th 2015, 7:50 pmStaroceancrazy
Downloading now Exclamation
Thanks for the update! Very Happy
Anonymous
Beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
This game feels like a spiritual successor to Zelda II! I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)