Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Classic Bullet-Hell Fun!

Review: X-Type Plus (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_109

X-Type Plus is a title in the bullet-hell shoot em' up sub-genre and was published and developed by the indie development studio PhobosLab. How does this game fare when compared to classic games in the genre? Read the rest of our review for these answers and more!

X-Type Plus has a couple modes of play including Classic Mode and the much more difficult Plus Mode. In Classic Mode you must defeat wave after wave of massive bosses while avoiding the enemy's continuous stream of bullets to rack-up serious points and earn your place on the online high scores leaderboard! Plus Mode on the other hand forces players to defeat much more difficult enemies to earn additional time. If you die you lose time instead of a life and if your timer reaches zero it's game over.

Review: X-Type Plus (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_110

On the downside this game doesn't feature any Off-TV Play which is unfortunate, however this game does provide simple yet gorgeous visuals and the music is equally simple yet fitting which is definitely a good thing! Overall on the audio-visual side of things this game is both retro and modern and pulls off this unique style quite well!

Review: X-Type Plus (Wii U eshop) Wiiu_111

Bottom-Line:

With superb shoot em' up gameplay, blistering difficulty, and an incredible retro/modern audio-visual style X-Type Plus is a great game that fans of the bullet hell sub-genre should really enjoy! The lack of Off-TV Play is unfortunate, but not game-breaking so it doesn't hurt the game's score that much, however the popularity of the bullet-hell genre isn't that good in the North American region so not everyone will be a fan of X-Type Plus, but it's still a great, yet simple game nonetheless!

Price: $2.99/£2.69/€2.99

Score:

★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7.8/10

Last edited by Rukiafan on August 17th 2014, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: X-Type Plus (Wii U eshop) 19654

Review: X-Type Plus (Wii U eshop) 87457210

Review: X-Type Plus (Wii U eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

SuperVash
August 15th 2014, 7:04 pmSuperVash
I just downloaded this and fully agree with your review! victory
Ulqiorrathegreat
August 16th 2014, 11:37 amUlqiorrathegreat
Rukiafan wrote:With superb shoot em' up gameplay, blistering difficulty, and an incredible retro/modern audio-visual style X-Type Plus is a great game that fans of the bullet hell sub-genre should really enjoy!
Blistering difficulty is an understatement this game is hardcore! Good review.
Staroceancrazy
August 16th 2014, 11:47 amStaroceancrazy
Awesome review! Very Happy
Tech101
August 16th 2014, 8:37 pmTech101
Just heard in a future update off tv is going to be added. I will get this then! Great review Rukiafan!
Anonymous
August 17th 2014, 11:21 amGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
This is such a challenging game! Shocked
Tio-Tot
August 17th 2014, 7:46 pmTio-Tot
I wasn't expecting this game to nearly receive a score of 8/10. That said I might download this game to see what all of the hype is about!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)