Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS Empty I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS

June 17th 2014, 6:37 pm
I've been giving some serious thought towards getting a Nintendo 2DS console. Here are my main deciding factors:

1. I accidentally dropped my 3DS XL for the first time last night, and now the hinge seems a little more wobbly than usual; thus, I may need to upgrade sooner than I planned

2. I almost never use the 3D function on my current console anymore, not even in Super Mario 3D Land, because my eyes tend to weaken after a few minutes and I need to rest them briefly

3. The displays are perhaps a tad too big for my eyes, and a bit of research suggests that it's actually smaller displays which are easier on the eyes and reduce strain (weird, right?)

4. I don't often take my console with me when I go out-and-about anymore for a few reasons, namely the lack of StreetPass hits I receive now (everybody must be at home playing Wii U Wink )

5. I've heard that the 2DS is the most comfortable handheld in the "Nintendo 3DS family of systems" to hold during extended play sessions, which is an important factor in my decision

I heard that there will be two different 2DS Blue + Black console bundles coming out in Australia in a matter of weeks (each one comes with one of the Gen VI Pokémon games), so I think now may be a good time to upgrade. If nobody's done so yet, maybe I could post my impressions of the console right here on WiiWareWave. victory
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy

I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS Empty Re: I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS

June 18th 2014, 12:20 pm
The 2DS has problems of its own such as stiff d-pad buttons and the A and B buttons break easily so it isn't exactly an upgrade.

Rena Ryuugu - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS Rena-rena-ryuugu
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!

I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS Empty Re: I Might Need to Upgrade to a Nintendo 2DS

June 18th 2014, 3:07 pm
ReverseInverse wrote:The 2DS has problems of its own such as stiff d-pad buttons and the A and B buttons break easily so it isn't exactly an upgrade.
What?! D:
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

June 19th 2014, 7:27 pm
ReverseInverse wrote:The 2DS has problems of its own such as stiff d-pad buttons and the A and B buttons break easily so it isn't exactly an upgrade.
After doing a lot of research, it seems as though the issues with the 2DS only affect a small number of units, which I guess is true for any console. Over 95% of what I've found has been positive, and I can't really shell-out for a more expensive system. Plus, the promise of a free digital copy of Pokémon X is very tantalising. Wink
ryuragnas
ryuragnas

June 20th 2014, 11:10 pm
GamerZack7 wrote: (snipped)

5. I've heard that the 2DS is the most comfortable handheld in the "Nintendo 3DS family of systems" to hold during extended play sessions, which is an important factor in my decision

If you're worried about comfort in regards to your 3DSXL, you should of got a Mugen Battery for it. When I bought my 3DSXL, it was uncomfortable. Add the battery, and instant comfort. Haven't looked back. Plus, I had my XL on standby for nearly 2 weeks, with 1 bar left of battery. victory 

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)